🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Financial Account name change
Page options
6daf5920
Community Member

Financial Account name change

Hi. I recently joined upwork and changed my profile name, having mistakenly used my nickname to apply at the start. I set up a payment account but it's displaying my old name under financial account. How can this be solved?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JoanneP

Hi Paul,

I checked your account, and it looks like your name change request has already been approved. For security reasons, your new payment method will become active in three calendar days. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork

View solution in original post

87 REPLIES 87
JoanneP

Hi Paul,

I checked your account, and it looks like your name change request has already been approved. For security reasons, your new payment method will become active in three calendar days. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
sani100
Community Member

Hello I need to change my financial account name.I'm add my own bank account.please change my finalcial account to my own name.

Thanks

M Atiquzzaman

Hi M,

You can update your name by going to Settings and using the edit button. Our team will reach out to you directly if they need any additional information to verify your name.

~ Nikola
Upwork
3aace0cd
Community Member

Hi Joanne,

I would like to have my financial account name to be changed. Kindly guide me through the procedure for doing this.

Thanks.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Fazan,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your request. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Bojan,

I would like to change my financial name to the current upwork account name. I changed the account name a long time ago, and just discovered that the financial name isn't changed and different from my account name. I can't add my bank account so far! Can some help me with it?

Hi Ibrahim,

I checked with the team and you should be all set now. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Aleksandar,

I tried to add a new bank account but it failed with the same problem. They only accepted my bank account before, they didn't fix the financial account name issue, it is still displaying the name from years ago which I corrected to my current upwork account name!

Still adding bank accounts results in failure to activate. I have another one added but deactivated!

Hi Ibrahim,

Just to confirm, are you referring to the payment method that you`ve added today? If yes, please allow up to 3 days for the verification to be completed. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi, Goran V

It is the one I added today, but it wasn't waiting for verification. It showed me the same problem with my financial account not having the correct upwork name that I have. But after I asked here in the post, I refreshed the page and the account got activated and waiting for verification. So that is the easy part. I can wait.

But I am still concerned that my financial account name is still wrong and is showing the wrong name that I changed years ago. That is going to make problems later on. Can someone check that with me and confirm that the financial account name is correctly changed to my current Upwork name. Thanks.

Hi,

I would like to change my financial name to the current upwork account name. I changed the account name a long time ago, and just discovered that the financial name isn't changed and different from my account name. I can't get paid on paypal so far! Can someone help me with it?
41aa20cf
Community Member

Hi Bojan,

I would like to change my financial name to the current upwork account name. I changed the account name reently, and just discovered that the financial name isn't changed and different from my account name. I can't add my Mpesa payment method. Can some help me with it?

Regards,

Enock.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Enock, 

The information on your Upwork profile should match your government IDs. If it doesn't match, your account may be put on hold until you can verify it successfully. I highly recommend adding your name that matches the name on your government IDs to avoid any delays in the future. 

As for your MPESA account, I can see that you recently added the payment method to your Upwork account. This verification process works as designed and should be completed within 48 to 72 hours. If the team needs more information for you, they will reach out to you directly through email.

~ Avery
Upwork

Hello, have the same problem. What should I do?

Hi Roman,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I checked with the team and the name should be corrected now. Let us know if you need further help.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Financial account name has been changed, but I cannot withdraw my funds. Help, please.
Returned Withdrawal (ref 375020543 Rejected)

Hi Roman,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your withdrawal. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello,

Can someone help me change my financial account name to my profile account name. I changed my profile account name earlier but my financial account name stayed the same. Can someone help me with this as I can only get paid if my financial account name is the same as my profile account name.

Awaiting response. Thank you.

Hi Caroline,

I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further. You can access your ticket here

~ Joanne
Upwork
6603318b
Community Member

Hi, I would like to know that how can I change the financial account name  to the current upwork account name? I changed the account name a few months ago, and just discovered that the financial name isn't changed and different from my account name. I can't get paid on Local Bank due to this name issue so far! Can someone help me with it?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Shifat,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your request. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi,

I had the same situation too, after I posted, an agent helped me via
support ticket, you just have to tell them the name you would like to
change it to and they will change your financial name for you. Hope
this helps.

Best regards.

Hi,

I would like to change my financial name to the current upwork account name. Just discovered that the financial name isn't changed and different from my account name. I can't get paid on paypal so far! Can someone help me with it?

Hi Razelle Joy,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that you already opened a support ticket regarding this issue. Please allow our team 24-28 hours to respond to your request. Feel free to also update the ticket should you have further questions or concerns.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi,
I want to change Financial Account Name. Please Suggest.

Thanks

Hi Kamal,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your name. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
12fd53f2
Community Member

hi, kindly i want to change my financial account , i resently applied for a job on upwork but i was told the financial account is not the same with the upwork account name 

Hi Kiptallam,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your financial name. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

My name change request has already been approved But my Financial annount name is not changed yet. can you help me?

Hi Misti Rani,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork

Was your financial account name changed?

Yes, one of the team members changed my financial account name after my
request was sent.

I can't find the suitable option where can I change the financial account name. Can you please change the name according to my profiile name?

Hi Faisal,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you!

f1667446
Community Member

Can you please help me i want to change my Financial Account Name on my info.

Hi Mariam,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket and will assist you further with your account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I want to add my paypall account on upwork because i have a different
financial account name on Mariam beridze i cannot do it. So if it is
possible to change it it would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Mariam,

I checked and it looks like you changed your name recently and it's already approved. If you still need to change your name you can go to Settings  Contact Info to edit your name. You can find more information here

Additionally, feel free to follow up with our team on your open ticket and they will be happy to assist you. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths