cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Financial Account name change

6daf5920
Paul M Member Since: Jun 30, 2020
1 of 26

Hi. I recently joined upwork and changed my profile name, having mistakenly used my nickname to apply at the start. I set up a payment account but it's displaying my old name under financial account. How can this be solved?

tinker_bell3
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
BEST ANSWER
2 of 26

Hi Paul,

I checked your account, and it looks like your name change request has already been approved. For security reasons, your new payment method will become active in three calendar days. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork

View solution in original post

sani100
M A Member Since: Mar 13, 2019
3 of 26

Hello I need to change my financial account name.I'm add my own bank account.please change my finalcial account to my own name.

Thanks

M Atiquzzaman

egaruth
Nikola S Moderator Member Since: Jul 2, 2020
4 of 26

Hi M,

You can update your name by going to Settings and using the edit button. Our team will reach out to you directly if they need any additional information to verify your name.

~ Nikola

Untitled
3aace0cd
Fezan J Member Since: Apr 27, 2020
5 of 26

Hi Joanne,

I would like to have my financial account name to be changed. Kindly guide me through the procedure for doing this.

Thanks.

bstojadinovic
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
6 of 26

Hi Fazan,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your request. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
ibrahimshendy
Ibrahim M Member Since: Aug 1, 2017
7 of 26

Hi Bojan,

I would like to change my financial name to the current upwork account name. I changed the account name a long time ago, and just discovered that the financial name isn't changed and different from my account name. I can't add my bank account so far! Can some help me with it?

djondinium
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
8 of 26

Hi Ibrahim,

I checked with the team and you should be all set now. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
ibrahimshendy
Ibrahim M Member Since: Aug 1, 2017
9 of 26

Hi Aleksandar,

I tried to add a new bank account but it failed with the same problem. They only accepted my bank account before, they didn't fix the financial account name issue, it is still displaying the name from years ago which I corrected to my current upwork account name!

Still adding bank accounts results in failure to activate. I have another one added but deactivated!

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
10 of 26

Hi Ibrahim,

Just to confirm, are you referring to the payment method that you`ve added today? If yes, please allow up to 3 days for the verification to be completed. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS