Financial account suspended

I was going to withdraw my money to my payment method "paypal" after i added it and waited 3 days but when i clicked on get paid now button i recieved this message : " Your financial account has been suspended. To proceed, please contact Customer Support. "

Why???!!!!!!

35 REPLIES 35
petra_r

Because you are under 18.

but i want to get my money

You can't. You have to be 18 to have an account here. It is in the TOS. The money will go back to the client. 

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"

But i was not asked about my age when i made an account on upwork

You agreed to abide by the terms of service when you signed up. You may not have read them, but it's in there that you have to be 18 to have an account. Nothing you can do. Come back when you are 18.

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"

I will be 18 in few months, can my account and money stay as it now until i become 18 ?

No, you can't get your money. You can however come back when you are 18 and try again. 

It is there in the ToS of Upwork. You should gone through all these things before started here.

Check this link

With a few exceptions, most everyone over the age of 18 who has an Internet connection can apply to join. Although not all applications are approved, we're proud to support a thriving network of global freelancers

@Mohamed E wrote:

But i was not asked about my age when i made an account on upwork

Of course you weren't. You consented to the terms of service when you made your account., you weren't asked about every rule individually. You still agreed to follow every rule. But you didn't follow the rules. So your money was never really your money. 

you must have lied about your date of birth.

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Community Manager

Mohamed,

Unfortunately, since you are not eligible to use Upwork at the moment, your account had to be suspended. The payment will be refunded to the client.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hello,

I also can't transfer my pay to my PayPal account, every time I click the "Get Paid" button it gives me an error message that says "Your financial account has been suspended. To proceed, please contact Customer Support." I am already 26 years old. Please help.

Thank you

Hi Jeazza, 

I am currently looking into this further. Once we have more information from the team, we will update this thread with more information. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Thank you for the quick response. Looking forward to fixing this issue as soon as possible. Thank you

Hi Jeazza, 

I'm sorry for the delay as I had to check your account with the team. It looks like you are being requested to complete the verification for the ID verification badge. Please go to this link on your account and click "Get Started" button. Once you have completed the verification, and your financial transactions are still limited, please come back here so that our team can assist you further. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hello,
I have already completed my ID verification badge, but still, my financial account has been suspended. Please help.
Thank you

Hi Jeazza Jean,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
maxcxam

You financial account has been suspended how i can get paid from new clients? and why this happend

I'm sorry for the inconvenience, Maksym. I have requested the team to look into your account. I will update this post once I have more information about your account. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Thank you! im still wait!

Hi Maksym, 

I checked and can see that the limitation to your financial accounts has already been lifted. Please let me know if there is anything else we can help you with. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hello my financial account have been suspended. It says that my name and the bank account's name didnt match. I used my mother's account since she is the one who withdraws the money. I don't know how I would prove that there's nothing suspicious about it; we have the same last name on what I've filled at least. I hope for a response to this asap. Thank you. 🙂

@Shekinah Glory S wrote:

Hello my financial account have been suspended. It says that my name and the bank account's name didnt match. I used my mother's account since she is the one who withdraws the money.

If you are old enough to work on Upwork why can't you have a bank account in your own name?

Hello Shekinah,

Unfortunately, you need to have a payment method with the name matching your Upwork account. Only your personal bank account will be accepted. Thank you.

Untitled

I'm hoping to use my bank account now; however, I cannot set it up again since it's suspended. How can my account be lifted?

Hi Shekinah,

Your account hold has been lifted and you can now add your payment method. Please see this link for more information about how to get paid.

Thanks

Untitled

My financial account has been suspended How can I get the available money ?

Hi Meenakshi,

I can see that you have already connected with our customer support and your problem was escalated to the appropriate team. Our team will make an update on your ticket soon, thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork

Okay Thank you!

Hello. I have a similar issue and I'm desperate because it's been days and my account still has restrictions. I can't submit proposals or withdraw earnings. On Thursday I completed a verify profile video call. 2 days after I received a message about they found irregular activity and I needed to upload an ID and bank statement. I did and on Sunday I got a notification that my ID was accepted but still have the account suspended. I've talked to several people and no one has helped. Pleaseeee, I already lost a job because I couldn't send a proposal.

Hi Jose David,

I checked your account and see that you already have an open ticket regarding this concern. I followed up with the team that's handling your case and they will update your ticket to further assist you. Thank you for your patience. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hello, Joanne.

Thanks for your reply but my account is still supended and there's no sight that they'll update the status. On Thursday I completed the video call. On Saturday I received a notification that my ID was verified succesfully but they didn't mention anything about the bank statement and I see my Financial account has been suspended. I'm afraid they reviewed the ID only but archived the ticket. It's like a dead end, they simply didn't say what I'm missing or forget to remove the restriction. Please help, I have 3 contracts that I can't start.

I apologize for the delay in receiving an update, Jose David.

I'll go ahead and follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect to receive an update on your ticket directly.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi,

We have worked with Jose David as developer and it worked like charm. We also spoke with him directly and we assure you he is a good professional that knows what he is doing. It would be a shame that he couldn't be paid for the work done by him and not by UpWork. 

I'm sorry, but I think this should be sorted out asap, there is no possible justification. If it is not fixed, I'm afraid we will claim the money paid to UpWork, as they were not the ones who did the job: it was done by Jose David.

Looking forward for a solution. Best regards,

Alfonso, **Edited for community guidelines**

I am currently working on a project with Jose and we had to stop because of this issue. I have completed a project with him and all was well and in order. I don't want to switch to someone else since this is a follow-up project. Please do the needful.