hussainasif70

Financial suspension of account due to a client payment issue

Hi

The Upwork Trusted team suspended my financial account just because of a client who have some payment issue.. But now I can not withdraw my money which is in available step.. The client has ended the contract on my behalf but still my account is suspended and I can not withdraw my funds..

Any body can tells me how much time they take to resolve my issue...?

5 REPLIES 5
lynndrc

Upwork sucks. I can't withdraw the money a client paid because my financial account was suspended for no reason. First they wanted me to do a video interview, now they say I can upload documents to prove I exist. The kicker is that I worked for this group in all its iterations for over 10 years now, when it was Elance, then oDesk, and now this ridiculous Upwork. The layout of the website is so bad--you can't find anything. It is impossible to find where to upload verification documents. It's nowhere it should be, such as My Account or in the link for Verifying Identity. It's been about a month that I tried to get my money. Thought it was going to happen today but the TERRIBLE customer service failed to correct the situation so the problem still exists. And of course you can't contact anyone because the site is down for "maintenance." Maybe it's closing down and none of us will get our money. Either way, I'm never doing business on here again. If Upwork had any decency they wouldn't have allowed the client and I to enter into a contract where they make a ton of money of him without FIRST making sure I exist and verifying my profile. They don't care about the client; only themselves, and they've already taken their giant financial cut for my work but won't release MY payment. I will be sure to let all freelancers in my network, and perhaps other entities, know how unacceptaby poorly Upwork operates.

@Lynn D wrote:

Upwork sucks. I can't withdraw the money a client paid because my financial account was suspended for no reason. First they wanted me to do a video interview, now they say I can upload documents to prove I exist. The kicker is that I worked for this group in all its iterations for over 10 years now, when it was Elance, then oDesk, and now this ridiculous Upwork. The layout of the website is so bad--you can't find anything. It is impossible to find where to upload verification documents. It's nowhere it should be, such as My Account or in the link for Verifying Identity. It's been about a month that I tried to get my money. Thought it was going to happen today but the TERRIBLE customer service failed to correct the situation so the problem still exists. And of course you can't contact anyone because the site is down for "maintenance." Maybe it's closing down and none of us will get our money. Either way, I'm never doing business on here again. If Upwork had any decency they wouldn't have allowed the client and I to enter into a contract where they make a ton of money of him without FIRST making sure I exist and verifying my profile. They don't care about the client; only themselves, and they've already taken their giant financial cut for my work but won't release MY payment. I will be sure to let all freelancers in my network, and perhaps other entities, know how unacceptaby poorly Upwork operates.

They were migrating their massive database to AWS. That's why they were down for maintenance. 

Lynn - If your account is frozen because you need to verify your profile, then follow the directions and verify your profile. Elance and odesk didn't require that. Upwork does. Eventually every single freelancer on this site will need to verify their profile.

And if your account is frozen because of some problem with the client. then it's because there's something wrong with the clients account. It might be as simple as updating the expirations date or as bad as having no funds or a stolen card. If that's the case, then there's no money in escrow anyway. (until the client fixes the problem with their account.)

When something new comes around everyone hates it. And the vent and whine about how XXX was so much better. And that may very well be correct, but XXX is not here anymore. So we can go with the flow here, or look for another site that would meet a freelancer's expectations.

Hi Lynn,

My apologies for the delay, i'll follow up with our team and ask them to update you directly.

Hi Asif,

I've checked and it looks like our Trust and Safety Team explained the issue about your account suspension. I'll follow up with our team and ask them to update you directly.