cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Financial transactions for X have been limited.

sylvx
Vedran J Member Since: Jan 25, 2016
1 of 4

Hello all,
Since I did not get a clear answer from support agent I am trying to see if someone in the community had a similar problem.
So I've got a contract a few days ago and since the client was in a hurry to go live with the website they needed it fast.
It was an hourly contract and two sleepless nights after I am getting the message: 
"Financial transactions for **Edited for Community Guidelines**have been limited. Please check your email for additional information or contact customer support.

The client told me they knew what is going on and that they delivered required documents to the upwork.
I understand that the problem is edgy and that support agent cannot give me more information, but the contract today shows up as ended even tho I still have that notification and the transaction is still paused.

Is my money safe? Am I getting paid or am I scammed? Is the hourly payment protection real?
What should I do next?

Thanks

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
2 of 4

Hi Vedran,

I`m sorry about the inconvenience this had caused you but we can`t share details for another user with you. Once our team has resolved this with your client they will send you a detail update on your ticket that was created for this. 

To qualify for Upwork Hourly Protection a freelancer needs:

• An hourly contract
  • A client with a verified billing method
  • An account in good standing
  • To log your hours with the Upwork Desktop App
  • To be visibly working on a contract-related activity in your Work Diary
  • To annotate your Work Diary with memos or activities labels that adequately describe the activity performed
  • To maintain adequate and fair activity levels
  • To stay within the contract's weekly limit

If you would like to read more details about our Hourly Payment Protection check out this Help Article.

~ Goran
Upwork
sylvx
Vedran J Member Since: Jan 25, 2016
3 of 4

Hello Goran and thank you for your reply.  How long the process usually takes?

• An account in good standing

Can you explain this part, please?

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
4 of 4

Hi Vedran,

The time frame for this process depends on the case at hand and the responsiveness of the client.

~ Goran
Upwork
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS