cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Financial transactions for **name** have been limited

Sasha P Member Since: Jun 3, 2007
1 of 7

Dear **name**,

We are disappointed to notify you that due to a United States Executive Order, issued December 19th, we are required to close your account, along with the accounts of all clients and freelancers in Crimea. If you no longer reside in Crimea, please respond to this email, as this restriction only applies to individuals residing in Crimea, not all of Ukraine.

I don't live in Crimea. Why have I received this and why my account is blocked? Who else, living in Ukraine, but not in Crimea, is in the same situation?

Community Guru
Aseem B Member Since: Dec 20, 2014
2 of 7

Hi

I am not from Ukraine but I just wanted to point out that you may get in touch with other affected members and get your message to odesk moderators on this thread: Freelancers and clients in Crimea 

3 of 7

Hi Aseem.

I don't understand that you are talking about. The thread you pointed me too is about the people who REALLY ARE in Crimea, victims of the current political situation. I am NOT IN CRIMEA, and I am a victim of odesk's employees incompetentness and predjudice.

Sasha

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
4 of 7

Hi Sasha,

I am very sorry about your account suspension. Please, find more information about it on the thread that Aseem pointed out.

If you are not currently residing in Crimea, please respond to the notification and send documents that prove it.

~ Valeria
Untitled
5 of 7

Valeria,

I don't reside in Crimea since 2010. I never provided oDesk with any information that I reside in Crimea. Do you know such principle as 'everyone is innocent unless proved guilty'? In my case, everyone is not in Crimea unless proved overwhise?

Also, I have attached a photo of my passport to the support ticket more than 10 hours ago, my account still suspended. Do you sincerely believe this is a way a platinum freelancer should be treated?

Sasha

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
6 of 7

Hi Sasha,

I am terribly sorry about the situation. I have followed up with the Team that is handling your issue and we are currently working hard on having it  resolved as soon as possible. Please, refer to the ticket which has been updated with more information.

Thank you for your patience!

~ Valeria
Untitled
7 of 7

Hi Valeria.

Please review the ticket again.

Sasha

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS