cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Financial transactions have been limited

Highlighted
Yelyzaveta Z Member Since: Nov 14, 2016
1 of 275

Saturday I work with this client all day (he had an urgent task), and then the next day Sunday) I wake up to the "Financial transactions for Yelyzaveta have been limited. Please, check your email or contact support" and the contract is closed.  

So, I go on to check my mail, and they indeed sent me an email that I cannot work with that client but yet remain the ability to work with others and get paid etc. However, they limited my transactions due to this issue that they cannot name due to security reasons. 

Then I contacted live chat support. And they told me that they have no info on the issue, as they have no access to it, as this problem is to be solved by another department (trust&safety team). So live chat agent asked me to go to my ticket and get support in there, which I've done since then.

And at the moment I see the following problems:

1) Except for that one contract, I'll have up to $500+ pending on my account without the ability to withdraw that money. And I believe you guys know that we all do this for a living and actually need that money to survive, you know.

2) I've no idea how long this investigation thingy will take. I've asked multiple times on the ticket as well as on the live chat. No one knows how long it will take. Or the longest it can take. All they keep saying is "We're gathering information, as soon as we're done we'll give you back the ability to withdraw money. You are still able to work on your contracts for other clients". But guess what? I'm not sure it is safe to do so. Cause when I was talking to live chat support today the following occurred:

**Edited for Community Guidelines**
So, guys, there is a possibility that I'll never get my money!!! 

Let alone that poor contact, but I have other contract money pending plus they suggest I work on other contracts while this issue is being solved.

3) There is no ability to talk to trust&safety team on live chat, and it takes them forever to reply to the ticket, so we have like 2-3 messages a day which of course isn't helping to solve the issue asap. And what is  worse, today they asked me to reach the client for them and ask them to hurry up with the answer to the support. As if this is my job to do so.

4) I've made a little research on this topic and I haven't seen any positive resolutions. The facts are that as a rule all the support does is apologises for inconvenience and frustration and thanks for understanding, but in the end either close the problem after weeks of "investigation" and total refund to the client or never solve it at all

So, guys, my question is to the community(not exactly for moderators who work for Upwork), has anyone seen this problem solved before? How long can it take? 

P.S. I've seen quite an amount of negative feedback towards Upwork but never got it why people don't like the system. However, now I'm starting to understand the situation.Woman Frustrated

Taisiya Y Member Since: Nov 14, 2016
2 of 275

Hello, Yelyzaveta. I had similar problem just few days ago. Investigation took 2 and a half days and I am now able to withdraw my money again

3 of 275

Thanks for replying Woman Very Happy

Do you have the contract closed and paid?

Ashish S Member Since: Mar 7, 2015
4 of 275

Financial transactions for  have been limited.

I have above issue 

Please guide me

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
5 of 275

Hi Ashish, 

Please refer to the notifications our team sent you about a month ago and follow their instructions in order to verify your profile and resume using your account.

Taisiya Y Member Since: Nov 14, 2016
6 of 275

But I'm not getting a refund because I was involved in a 'fraud' and Upwork doesn't cover that

7 of 275

I'm reading through your story and it just stuns me what a great place Upwork has in this "food chain".

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
8 of 275

Yelyzaveta,

I understand your frustration and confusion. However, we won't be able to share details about your and your client's accounts' suspensions here in the Community. The team needs some time to investigate and evaluate whether the hours you logged are covered by the Hourly Protection. They will keep you updated via the open ticket.

~ Valeria
Untitled
9 of 275

Valeria, thank you for your response.

Well, again you say "some time". Sadly, there is no deadline to this investigation thing.

And I'm not asking to share the case publically, but to answer my question about time, cause that is the most valuable resource for anyone.

Kristine C Member Since: Dec 23, 2017
10 of 275

Hi!

I'm planning to work and I have the same issue that my financial transactions have been limited. Did I miss something on my account?  I don't know if I can start with this error message, I am very hesitant since it's my first time. Can someone help me?

Happy Holidays!

Kristine

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS