cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Financial transactions have been limited.

roman_venhryn
Roman V Member Since: Jul 8, 2017
1 of 2

Yesterday I receiver an email with notification that my account is being put on hold. The only explanation was "we have noticed some irregular activities on you account".
Also, there was no explanation what to do next. It's just like "we put your account on hold and that's it".

I created a ticket in Upwork Help Center, contacted the member of Upwork Support and tried to clear things up, but he just created another ticked and told me to wait for somebody.
After 24 hours I receive another message, that tells me that I need my identity verified, and that I need to send the documents to Upwork.
BUT THERE'S STILL NO EXPLANATION WHY MY ACCOUT IS BEING ON HOLD!

Why nobody is telling me that?
I've been working on upwork more that a year, I have "Top Rated" badge and >90% JSS, and you're holding my accound without any explanations. If I was doing something against the rules - please, just tell me that so I know what I was doing wrong and that's it. But for know I just have no idea what's going on.
And this "on hold" thing also means that I will lost my "Top Rated" badge at least for 3 month, and that is totally ridiculous if I was not doing anything against the rules!

To be clear - I can verify my identity right away, I just know If I will do so - the ticket will be closed and everybody will just forget about it, but not me.
I'm waiting for explanation of what's going on, because it seems like "irregular activities" on UpWork.

aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
BEST ANSWER
2 of 2

Hi Roman, 

I checked your account and can see in your open ticket that you are being asked to complete an identity verification. Please click on the link the team has sent via email to proceed with your identification so that you can expedite lifting the suspension on your account. 

-Avery
Untitled

View solution in original post

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS