cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Financial transactions have been limited

Asad A Member Since: Jan 10, 2018
31 of 275

I have a similar issue. This was my first project on Upwork and now I am unable to perform a transaction as they have been limited. Kindly, help.

Asad.

Community Guru
Jo-An B Member Since: Aug 2, 2016
32 of 275

Hi Asad,

I checked your account and there was ticket created for you. You may post any questions you have on the ticket thread and the team will get back to you with more information. Thanks.

~ Jo-An

Untitled
John Henry G Member Since: Dec 8, 2016
33 of 275

Hi Valeria and everyone,

I would like to ask help for my case too which is the same "Financial transactions have been limited".

1. I asked my client permission before I did the task on that day. He approved it and I worked on it. The next day he was asking me to prove that those billed hours are really worth it with what I have finished on those tasks list. I explained it to him but he doesnt accept it so we came up with an agreement that I will work on the other tasks on the list and provided him an update without billing those hours to him.

2. I did my part on that agreement and submitted the report. He then ended the contract after I sent the second report. After one day, he came back and message me to stop the billing and quoted him "without involving Upwork". I told him I needed to inform Upwork at that moment as I did my part on our agreement so we won't go through with the dispute.

3. He filed a dispute and it was handled by Upwork. Upwork reviewed it and they gave him $14 refund. I respect Upwork decision. However, the client didnt and he sent me threat message that he will "put an end on me" here.

4. True to his words, after 8 days that first dispute is closed, he opened a new dispute. His reason this time is that he felt "insulted" of Upwork's decision by just giving him $14 refund. He also confirmed that he contacted my other clients. I was wondering why my 1 project just got ended though that project was completed Oct.25 but the lady client who I thought was nice throughout our project just ended the contract on the same day this difficult client filed the dispute. To surprise me more, the lady client left me a negative feedback which is very different from what our last discussion on our project. She said and quoted "Your are the best! Thank you."

5. I felt being harass here by this difficult client. He sent those threat messages and contacted my client/s to turn away from me. I did my part to avoid this situation and keep his business but he is really tricky. I would like to ask help from you here if there is something I can do to stop his harassment.

6. I can not withdraw money which I needed for my wife's liver and kidney treatment. This is the reason why I work online now. I still continue working with my other projects but I really need to replenish or buy new set of medicine for my wife this week and I cannot withdraw my earnings.

Please help me here to resolve this issue with this difficult client. 

Thank you,

John

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
34 of 275

Hi John,

I'm sorry to hear about your circumstances and the issue that triggered the dispute. I'll ask our team to follow up on your dispute ticket and review the communication with your client. Please note that we can't discuss dispute cases in the Community, so please keep communicating with our team through the dispute and the main support ticket, and avoid creating new tickets in order to avoid creating confusion and additional delays.

35 of 275

Hi Vladimir G,

Thank you so much for your response and help. Yes, I just have 1 open ticket now as the other ticket or dispute is already closed. 

I'm sorry this is the first time I post here and I am not aware yet what are the topics that can be discussed. I hope it will be resolved sooner or as stated in the email within 5 business days.

Thank you,

John

36 of 275

I would like to ask help from this community how to contact the team or the staff who handles my ticket. The solution was offered and I agreed to it last Dec. 16 and early today, he sent the same question if I agree to that solution though I sent a reply to him again. I am not sure if he is receiving my messages or replies to his messages.

He said as soon as I agree to that solution this issue will be resolved. I would like it to be resolved today as I have been waiting to resolve it for the past 13 days. I hope someone can help me from this community to contact the staff.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
37 of 275

Hi John Henry,

I'll follow up with the team about your dispute case and suspension and they will update you directly via the ticket as soon as they can.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Valeria
Untitled
38 of 275

Thank you, Valeria. I hope he reads my reply or message to him 6 hours ago and hoping they can process and resolve this issue today.

Mamem D Member Since: Sep 12, 2016
39 of 275

Hi Valeria, 

I have the same issue. I was on vacation when upwork sent me the email about my client's dispute. I spoke to my client and refund the 2hrs work as he requested. 

Can you please help me how to reactivate my financial account?

Looking forward,
Mamem

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
40 of 275

Hi Mamem,

Please post all of your questions on the ticket created for you and our team will assist you further.

Unfortunately we can`t discuss private details publicly in the community.

Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS