🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Financial transactions limited - still unreso...
Page options
korrektor
Community Member

Financial transactions limited - still unresolved after meeting all the conditions

About a week ago I started seeing "Financial transactions for Dmitrii Ivanov ... have been limited" on my account.

Short investigation discovered that this occured because of the recent Paypal account hold (they requested additional info from me). I wrote to Upwork support that suggested two ways - to remove paypal entirely and thus remove that suspension, or to remove paypal from my account manually, wait for them to restore the access, then add it back

Initially I asked to remove Paypal entirely as an option as I decided not to use anymore [especially considering that it can cause such troubles] and setup direct bank transfer later instead, and asked it to be removed.  Support answered me that its done.

However I kept seeing the warning message for days. I decided to add my Paypal account back (as the problem with it was resolved) to restore the access. Just do discover that despite I'm having perfectly fine working Paypal account now Upwork still restricts my financial operations.

It is extremely annoying and I want it to be resolved as quickly as possible. I restored my paypal access on july 15 but still can't operate my Upwork account

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Seems like there was some misunderstanding. Now it seems the problem will be resolved. Feel free to delete this thread

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Dmitry,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I already did what's been suggested by support.

I already removed Paypal payment option and added it back few times but see no changes despite my Paypal is up and running.

I'm assuming that this occurs because for whatever reason Upwork kept my older Paypal e-mail (cr...@gmail.com) instead of the updated one (d....@protonmail.com). I changed my paypal login long ago as well as updated it on my profile but seems like older login got stuck in your database. This assumption is based on a screenshot provided by support member during my first ticket discussion

I already created one more ticket regarding this but I need support to be aware of this issue. This is not a trivial situation and I'm still being fed with templated responses

Seems like there was some misunderstanding. Now it seems the problem will be resolved. Feel free to delete this thread

Looks like this is the most annoying support request on Upwork that affecting me too. But contacting a human on Upwork Support is another challenge! Good, I will stay with Fiverr.

Hi Cyril,

Let us know if you need help with your account and we will be more than happy to assist you.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members