🐈 Community
» Forums » Freelancers » Financial transactions restricted due to a di...
Page options
kanikasachdev16
Community Member

Financial transactions restricted due to a dispute raised against me.

Dear community members,

A client raised a dispute against me when the contract was ended. It was an hourly client and there was no money in 'Review' when the contract ended but I missed all the emails from the mediation team to respond on time and only got to know once my financial transactions were temporarily suspended and displayed a warning in my Upwork account.

As soon as I got to know, I replied to all their questions, explained the entire situation and have been waiting for their response since last Thursday.

1. I have neither heard from the mediation team nor from the client.
2. I don't know the reason for the dispute.
3. I don't know the next steps to get this resolved.
4. Upwork's customer support has no information on this. They tell they'll escalate this but I still haven't heard from anyone. They asked me to wait for 2-3 days but nothing yet.

What actions should I be following to resolve this? Any help is highly appreciated.
7 REPLIES 7
egaruth
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kanika,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it seems that you are already in correspondence with our team on your support ticket. If you have any further questions feel free to follow up and our team will be happy to assist you. 

It seems that you also followed up on your dispute ticket herePlease allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hello team,
It's been a week and it's not resolved yet. I raised at least 5 tickets but noone assured me a timeline to resolve this. I know I missed a few mails initially but now Neither client nor Mediator replying in the group. Please help me with this!

Edit: I do not intend to hamper the mediation process but I would like to get the restrictions on my account lifted.

Hi Aleksandar,

A client raised a dispute against me when the contract was ended. It was an hourly client and there was no money in 'Review' when the contract ended but I missed all the emails from the mediation team to respond on time and only got to know once my financial transactions were temporarily suspended and displayed a warning in my Upwork account.

As soon as I got to know, I replied to all their questions, explained the entire situation and have been waiting for their response since last Thursday.

1. I have neither heard from the mediation team nor from the client.
2. I don't know the reason for the dispute.
3. I don't know the next steps to get this resolved.
4. Upwork's customer support has no information on this. They tell they'll escalate this but I still haven't heard from anyone. They asked me to wait for 2-3 days but nothing yet.

What actions should I be following to resolve this? Any help is highly appreciated.

I do not intent to hamper the mediation process but I would like to get the restrictions on my account lifted.

Hi Kanika,

I followed up with our Mediation team and you can expect an update very soon.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thanks, I got an update. Thanks for all your get help.

Hi Kanika,

I am in the same situation and not able to hear back from Upwork, can you tell me what exactly happened? Your account limitation got uplifted or not?

Thanks
Surbhi

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths