🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Financial transactions
Page options
penman-suzanne
Community Member

Financial transactions

I'm hoping I get a better response here than I did in my emails.

I've had a financial transaction restriction on my account since before last Thursday. I recieved an email from the Upwork team a day or two after the restriction telling me that due to an issue they were having with a client I did work for, they are restricting my account for my own protection.

Now I can understand this, but it's now not allowing me to adjust my funds and buy any new connects so I can keep applying for new jobs.

I was told by your team that they are working on it but are awaiting the clients response, the client messaged me stating he has submitted "things" to be reviewed by them and they haven't been responsive. I'm more upset at the fact that I have apparently done nothing wrong but I feel like I am the one being punished here, your team hasn't been very up front as to what the actually problem is and the client hasn't been any help either. The purpose of accepting work through your site is to make freelancing a more professional and hassel free option to finding work. So far I'm very unimpressed by how this is working out and I'd really like someone to handle this sooner rather than waiting another 2-3 days to get a response.

It's actually quite alarming that accepting work from clients can get your account restricted or worse, even if you have followed all terms and conditions and do everything correctly. Other freelancers please be aware of this. Your account may be at risk of restriction by simply being paid from your clients.

Please can someone help me resolve this quickly.

5 REPLIES 5
mtngigi
Community Member

I've flagged your post to get a mod's attention. But if you already have an open ticket on this, usually you'll be told to refer to the ticket so all information stays in one place. If a client has financial issues, that is proprietary information and won't be shared with the freelancer.

I'm clearly not asking for financial information to be shared, that's personal to the client and goes without saying. As is my own. What I have asked for is someone can help resolve this more quickly as it's going to be approaching a full week where I've had this restriction and I'm worried it's going to continue longer. Some of us rely on freelancing more than others. The email responses are so generic and impersonal, I would just like my account sorted so I can access my own earnings and be able to add more connects so I can keep on working. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Suzanne,

I'm sorry to hear about the inconvenience this caused. I checked this for you and our team has already reached out to you regarding your case via this support ticket. 

Please consider following up on your open ticket and kindly communicate with our team through that ticket if you have any questions, in order to keep all the information in one place. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

I have followed up on my open ticket and so far it's been a long and unhelpful process. This is why I'm trying every avenue for assistance but the forums are also proving unhelpful if you are simply pointing me back to the ticket system. Thanks for the replies, I do mean that, but this hasn't been any help either.

Hi Suzanna, 

I understand how this can be a frustrating experience for you, and I apologise for the inconvenience this has caused. Your case is being handled by another team, and they are more equipped to facilitate and complete the review they are conducting with regard to the issue on your account. On our end, we will be happy to follow up on your ticket on your behalf, so that we can help expedite the process. 

I'll go ahead and follow up with the team handling your case so that they can get back to you with more information about your account. Thank you for your understanding. 

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths