Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find jobs: Open job in new window function

alejocelis
Alejandro C Member Since: Jul 25, 2016
1 of 4

Hey guys

Is it just me or this new fuction where you click the job posting, then you see the full job posting, then you have to click on "Open job in new window" and then you have to click on the big "X" to go back to the full jobs list....it´s kind of a waste of time, isn´t it?....Until yesterday I was getting the exact same result (open the job post in a new window), just by clicking and holding cmd (Mac users) or CTR (windows users). Now, I have to click 4 times instead of 1...I know, it sounds completely irrelevant, but when it comes to productivity it means that it takes me 4x times longer to find those jobs postings that are a good fit. 

Hopefully this is just a settings issue on my computer and not something Upwork actually changed on the platform. 

If some one knows how to fix this it would be really apreciatedSmiley Very Happy .

Thanks.

turbocro
Community Leader
Igor S Member Since: Apr 8, 2015
2 of 4

I don't know about Mac, but on Windows you can still open it in new window by either clicking mouse scroll wheel when over link or by right click and open in new windows whatever is easier for you..  Ctrl + click open it same way as normal click.

To be honest I like new function becase I used to open job posts in new windows just becase when you go back it didn't take you to the point where you left off job listings, so now you can just preview job post and go back if not good...

pandoraharper
Community Guru
Pandora H Member Since: May 11, 2010
3 of 4

@Alejandro C wrote:

Hopefully this is just a settings issue on my computer and not something Upwork actually changed on the platform. 

If some one knows how to fix this it would be really apreciatedSmiley Very Happy .

Thanks.

It's by design. It's not a bug. It's annoying, isn't it. It's been around for a month or more, and most people seem to like it.

<shrugs>

I still open jobs in a new tab, when I am not tied with up dealing with the new design.

aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
4 of 4

Hi Alejandro, 

The job search feed page is working by design but we thank you for your feedback. In the future, you can send feedback to the team by scrolling down on your home page and clicking 'Feedback' in the left bottom corner. While the team can't respond every comment, please know that we read and appreciate every suggestion that comes our way.

~ Avery
Upwork
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS