Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finding Enterprise Client

Community Guru
Douglas Michael M Member Since: May 22, 2015
11 of 17

Nina K wrote:

Hi Shelby,

Freelancers are able to work with Enterprise clients if they come accross a publicly posted Enterprise project in the market place, then they can submit a proposal to that job or be selected by the hiring managers to be invited to be a member of a Talent Cloud network. You can find more information about Enterprise Clients here.

Nina,

I am confused by the presence of half of Upwork's trademarked logo on your posts and the absence of any identificaton as a moderator. Could you or @Upwork clarify your role here, or what the half-logo is meant to convey?

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
12 of 17

Douglas Michael M wrote:

Nina,

I am confused by the presence of half of Upwork's trademarked logo on your posts and the absence of any identificaton as a moderator. Could you or @Upwork clarify your role here, or what the half-logo is meant to convey

Nina hasn't posted in a year, chances are Nina is no longer part of "the team."

This is a "resurrected from the dead" thread.

Community Guru
13 of 17

Petra R wrote:

Douglas Michael M wrote:

Nina,

I am confused by the presence of half of Upwork's trademarked logo on your posts and the absence of any identificaton as a moderator. Could you or @Upwork clarify your role here, or what the half-logo is meant to convey

Nina hasn't posted in a year, chances are Nina is no longer part of "the team."

This is a "resurrected from the dead" thread.

Yes, I noticed. Was hoping @Upwork might care enough about the confusion in this or any other instance to strip ex-mods of their colors as well as changing their status.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
14 of 17

Hi Michael,

Thanks for flagging this. Petra is correct and, unfortunately, Nina isn't part of our team anymore. I removed the logo from her signature. That said, hopefully Nina's replies are still helpful to anybody who comes across them.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
15 of 17

Thanks, Valeria!

Community Guru
Abinadab A Member Since: Sep 26, 2016
16 of 17

Shelby, You don't need enterprise clients.

In fact, some very successful freelancers have made the decision they don't want to work with Enterprise clients. These freelancers found that the hassle that working with them involved was just not worth it. They also found that of a truth, all that glitters ain't gold (the Enterprise badge and all) and that the "ordinary" clients pay more.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
17 of 17

Abinadab A wrote:

In fact, some very successful freelancers have made the decision they don't want to work with Enterprise clients. These freelancers found that the hassle that working with them involved was just not worth it. They also found that of a truth, all that glitters ain't gold (the Enterprise badge and all) and that the "ordinary" clients pay more.

Other "very successful freelancers" have made the opposite experience and understand that just as there all sorts of "ordinary" clients, there are also "all sorts" of Enterprise clients. Those other very successful freelancers are intelligent enough to assess each opportunity on its own merits, rather than making sweeping statements that do not apply to all opportunities with all Enterprise clients.

Did those very successful freelancers tell you that? How do you define "very successful freelancers?"  Top-rated? Yearly earnings $ 30k +? $ 50k? An average contract value of $ 1k +? Or....?

How many Enterprise clients have you worked with to be qualified to state that "ordinary" clients pay more when actually Upwork's own numbers say the opposite?

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS