🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Finding Jobs
Page options
senami1
Community Member

Finding Jobs

Hi dear members, recently I have been invited many times and applied also to many jobs but I do not get any new contracts. Are jobs rare in this periode of time ? What can I do to get one? Thanks!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
dsmgdesign
Community Member

Yes, I have found this time of year to be slower than others. Clients take vacations in late July and throughout August. Covid might be cancelling alot of vacation plans though, but I have also hit a slow down and chalk it up to the late summer doldroms. 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
tlbp
Community Member

I think the closer a freelancer is to performing an entry-level or easy to offer skill, the more likely it is that they are facing increased competition. Lots of first-time freelancers have entered the market and are likely offering low prices. For freelancers with a long work history, they can distinguish themselves by showing that they have more advanced, proven skills. 

dsmgdesign
Community Member

Yes, I have found this time of year to be slower than others. Clients take vacations in late July and throughout August. Covid might be cancelling alot of vacation plans though, but I have also hit a slow down and chalk it up to the late summer doldroms. 

Thanks for your answer!

ghaffar_basheer
Community Member

Hi freind!

I saw your post about no job. I am facing this same issue. However i have not found job yet.  Did you find job ?

6e829be6
Community Member

i am not finding job can you help me plz

Tahreen, you need to start at the beginning. Before you apply for a job, you have work to do. If you have not, read the Terms of Service and make sure you understand or ask questions. Learn about fixed price and tracked jobs before you lose money. Please read through this post. Follow every link and read all the material, watch the videos, and pay special attention to the post from Wes on the Red Flags for scams.

You are responsible for what happens on the platform. If you are scammed, no one can or will help you, including Upwork.

Hello Jeanne!

I am trying to find a job and try to submit the proposal that I can do but do not get a response from any of the clients. I have submitted a portfolio too but no client sends a signal message. How I can start work here

Hi Tahreen!

Did you find work ? I am also not getting job on this Platform. What work you can do as a freelancer?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths