Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finding jobs

dsparnell1960
Ace Contributor
Deborah P Member Since: Sep 19, 2016
1 of 3

Can you all help me?  I have had a couple of small jobs, but am looking for something more?  How do I make my proposals so that a Client will hire me?

mwiggenhorn
Community Guru
Mary W Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
2 of 3

Be sure that your proposal addresses the client's needs and your ability to fulfill them.  Read, read, read everything you can on Upwork about proposals.  And don't  set your hourly rate too low - you will attract the bottom feeders, not the good clients.

pandoraharper
Community Guru
Pandora H Member Since: May 11, 2010
3 of 3

@Deborah P wrote:

Can you all help me?  I have had a couple of small jobs, but am looking for something more?  How do I make my proposals so that a Client will hire me?

Welcome to Upwork, Deborah

I took a quick look at your profile, and have to say it's better then I expected. I can't really point at any one thing, but someone more involved with your industry might have some specfic tips for your profile. If you can work out a portfolio item or 3, that would help. Not sure what sort of portfolio items would work? Consider what you do, and translate that into something that would work as a solution to your clients. Then, create a mock-up and use it as a portfolio item.

Cover letters a tough nut for new members. It's essentially a sales letter, and a lot of people are scared by that. Below are some cover letter tips I hope you find useful.

1. Don't used canned proposals. Write a unique one for every new job.

2. Don't talk about yourself at the begining of the cover letter. Instead, respond to the specfic problem the client has, and offer your solutions.

3. If you have (and based on your profile it looks like you have oodles) of experience, do include that in the second section.

4. Address the job description requirements if there are any. Do they require an english speaking U.S. person, etc.

5. If you think it will help you write your proposals, make a file with a sample cover letter, and keep tweaking it until you think it would pass the muster of your ideal client.

6. Be professional

Finally, I see your somewhat new to the plateform. It's fairly important that you become familiar with the Upwork ToS. Also, you should actually read the forum. There is a lot of really good info here that applies specifcally to new members like yourself.

Good luck!

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS