🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Finding local work?
Page options
mariahrenee
Community Member

Finding local work?

Hi,
I’m new here on Upwork. I’ve noticed that there are no “city” option when it comes to finding work based on location. The only location filter option available is the ability to turn on/off “U.S. Only”. I’ve tried typing in the city in the search bar, but it seems to be limited results, as there was only two, old postings that showed. I live in Denver, so there has to be more postings than just those two, old ones. I thought an app/website like Upwork would have the option to browse through work from a particular city, but it is no where to be found. Especially since locations are crucial when it comes down to working on projects.

Am I missing something or just somehow blindly skipping over something? How can I find work in a particular city?
3 REPLIES 3
JoanneP

Hi Mariah,

A filter by city is not available. You can include the name of the city in the search field as one of the keywords though. Sometimes clients mention location in job posts if they are looking for freelancers who reside there. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

Mariah H wrote:
I thought an app/website like Upwork would have the option to browse through work from a particular city, but it is no where to be found. Especially since locations are crucial when it comes down to working on projects.

Locations aren't crucial for the vast majority of freelancers here, but obviously it's a different situation for photographers. To be honest, I think that it'll be pretty difficult for you to get regular work if you're relying solely on clients who need photos taken in Denver - I would guess that projects like that would only come up once or twice a year (and that's a best case scenario). Normally if somebody is looking for a photographer, they'll just use Google to find one in their area.

If you've got Photoshop skills, you'd be better off offering that kind of work instead.

thomasb93
Community Member

I agree. It would be easy for upwork to implement a filter based on city. For videographers this would be especially helpful. Upwork already tags that label postings as “local” we should be able to do a “local only” search. Maybe productionhub is a better alternative?
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members