🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Finding the work to be done
Page options
dhuning
Community Member

Finding the work to be done

Hi everyone - I am about to begin working on my second job but I can't find the page the client wants edited. When I go to 'milestones', there is one milestone as active, but there is no attachment, no link, nothing there.... the only link there is the one to use once you've completed the work and to submit for payment.  Where would the work be posted if not under the 'milestone' ?

Tx!

6 REPLIES 6
louisaj
Community Member

Hi Devon Gray,

Have a look under all the tabs I've highlighted in the image below. If not there, it's possible that client hasn't attached it properly. Happens with me all the time. The client is like "Oops, sorry, thought I'd attached it, here we go."

Regards,

Louisa

petra_r
Community Member

Louisa J wrote:

If not there, it's possible that client hasn't attached it properly. Happens with me all the time. The client is like "Oops, sorry, thought I'd attached it, here we go."

54436610_2197371740357325_3444486642369298432_n.jpg

Petra R wrote:

Louisa J wrote:

If not there, it's possible that client hasn't attached it properly. Happens with me all the time. The client is like "Oops, sorry, thought I'd attached it, here we go."

54436610_2197371740357325_3444486642369298432_n.jpg

Yep, I do it all the time. 

dhuning
Community Member

Hi Louisa, Thanks for such a quick reply! Turns out he did not attach it, but re the snapshot you sent....I couldn't find a place in my Upwork site that looked like what you sent... with the tabs across like that. What were the steps you took to get there?

louisaj
Community Member

Hi Devon,

In the message thread between you and your client, click on the green text at the top that says "View Contract."

Hope that helps,

Louisa 

prestonhunter
Community Member

Devon:

This is not really an "Upwork" question.

This is a "communication between client and freelancer" question.

If you can't find a file, the client probably just forgot to send it to you.

Upwork doesn't organize workspaces or file directories or anything that it requires clients and freelancers to use. Upwork places no restrictions on how freelancers and clients communicate. Many clients and freelancers use email or FTP or Dropbox or other means to share files, and never use Upwork tools to do so.

For the future, you will now know that there isn't some "hidden" or "obscure" place you should be looking in to retrieve the file. You just need to ask the client to send it.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members