🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Finished a job without logging time
Page options
andrewnelson50
Community Member

Finished a job without logging time

I did a logo design for a client.  Illustrator was new to me, so it took a lot longer to experiment with the software.  I didn't want to charge the client for time experimenting, so I didn't log time.  Now the project is finished, t client and I have agreed on a price, but I can't submit the job for closure with zero time.  What do I do?

5 REPLIES 5
prestonhunter
Community Member

Yes. You can submit the work and close the contract with zero time. Your client can pay you using the Bonus tool. This will not cause any problems at all.

I've added three hours, but I still don't see how to close the contract.  There is no "submit work for payment" button

re: "There is no 'submit work for payment' button"

With an hourly contract, there is no such button.

You can send the work via Upwork Messages, email, Dropbox, FTP, or any means you and the client agree on.

With an hourly contract, you are paid for your time, not for a specific deliverable.

If either you or the client want to close the contract, then you can look for the "Three Dots" icon next to the job listing, such as on your My Jobs page. You can look for options such as "End Contract" or "Cancel Contract" or "Close Contract."

Andrew N wrote:

I've added three hours, but I still don't see how to close the contract.  

DON't end the contract. Ask the client to do so because that way you get feedback which is important!!

You get paid automatically for the hours you added!

petra_r
Community Member

Andrew N wrote:

I did a logo design for a client.  Illustrator was new to me, so it took a lot longer to experiment with the software.  I didn't want to charge the client for time experimenting, so I didn't log time.  Now the project is finished, t client and I have agreed on a price, but I can't submit the job for closure with zero time.  What do I do?

If it is an hourly contract, just add the agreed hours to your work diary.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members