Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finished job, client not responding

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
11 of 27

Hi Manveen,

If the client has simply stopped responding but the milestone was funded in Escrow. Then the client has a period of 14 days (12 more days in this case) from the most recent work submission on a milestone to review and request any changes. After which the funds will automatically be released from escrow to you.

You don't want to submit the work more than once. Since this resets the clock back to the beginning and you will have to wait 14 days from your most recent submission for the funds to be released if the client does not take action on their end. You can have a look at this article about Fixed-Price Protection for more information.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Manveen M Member Since: Jul 10, 2019
12 of 27

HI Bojan.
Thanks a lot for the insight.
I'm glad you said I should'n't re-send the files and how it resets the timer.
It is an Escrow account so I guess I can sit back and wait for the 14th day to end.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
BEST ANSWER
13 of 27

The milestone has escrow funded if it says "funded." Also make sure the right amount is funded and make sure you don't have an email that says the card isn't verified. The funded amount will also say unverified if the payment method isn't verified. As long as the payment method is verified and the milestone is funded, click the submit button and wait the 14 days if the client disappeared.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
14 of 27

Hi Khurram and others, 

Jennifer is referring to the milestone being funded. You will see it in job details:

Screenshot_8.png

Make sure a milestone is funded before you submit work to the client if you want to benefit from Upwork Fixed-Price Protection.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Nikola V Member Since: Sep 7, 2015
15 of 27

Hello there, 

I have similar issue with the client this time.

We agree for specific price and started to work officially. I ask him before to fund some milestone while we starting with the project. He escrowing only 20% and he release it in the end of our project whith my insisting to finish the first miletone and upload the rest of that we agree for. He said will escrowing the rest of the money and will finish it and move to the next one.
The problem here is that he disappears from time to time. Now I'm waiting for him for over 2 weeks. When he show up after few days, in the first time tells me he is sick. Then, that he wait his member to login into website to escrowing the money and that's it. And over and over the same excuses that he is still sick etc..
The lats excuses is this:
" I will be escrowing the money and we can complete this job and move onto the next within 12 hours or so. Sound good? " - this message is from Saturday, April 21, 2018. And he disappeared again without any response.

I'm asking someone here, what to do now in this specific kind of situation ?
To report him ? But I know that he did not upload the rest of the payment. Only 20%.

Any help ?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Kathy T Member Since: Jul 17, 2015
16 of 27

@Nikola V wrote:

Hello there, 

I have similar issue with the client this time.

We agree for specific price and started to work officially. I ask him before to fund some milestone while we starting with the project. He escrowing only 20% and he release it in the end of our project whith my insisting to finish the first miletone and upload the rest of that we agree for. He said will escrowing the rest of the money and will finish it and move to the next one.
The problem here is that he disappears from time to time. Now I'm waiting for him for over 2 weeks. When he show up after few days, in the first time tells me he is sick. Then, that he wait his member to login into website to escrowing the money and that's it. And over and over the same excuses that he is still sick etc..
The lats excuses is this:
" I will be escrowing the money and we can complete this job and move onto the next within 12 hours or so. Sound good? " - this message is from Saturday, April 21, 2018. And he disappeared again without any response.

I'm asking someone here, what to do now in this specific kind of situation ?
To report him ? But I know that he did not upload the rest of the payment. Only 20%.

Any help ?

First of all, no matter what was agreed on, and no matter how much work you've done so far, if the first milestone was only funded for 20% of what it should be, then that's ALL you will receive.

Do NOT do any more work, and do NOT send any work that you've completed until the next milestone is funded. IMO, if this client only funded the first milestone for 20% of the entire job, and is stalling (or basically, in their own way, refusing to fund anything else,) then just do 20% of the entire job. When this client funds the remaining funds, then you can start work on the remaining deliverables of the job.

This client is out to scam you. He's trying to get his job done for only 20% of the total cost. You can message him = Hi XXX I'm ready to work on the next phase of this job, As soon as you fund the next milestone for the full price, I can start. I can not proceed until the milestone is fully funded.

Highlighted
Nikola V Member Since: Sep 7, 2015
17 of 27

Thanks Kathy,

The client come up after my report. I use my own method while reporting clients with strange behavior. And he automatically upload the milestone after that. And now again he disappeared. But I'll wait 15 days to approve it automatically... This should be advice for any freelancer.

Highlighted
Henry O Member Since: Jun 17, 2019
18 of 27
Hello,
I started an hourly project for a client. And I have delivered the work but the client isn't replying his message even when he is online.
After submission, he said he check and get back to me . but I waited but i didnt hear from him.. So I went through his reviews and I found out that some freelancers have the same view about him
Please How do I get paid for the work. Or is there a way the client must have run away with my money ??
Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
19 of 27

Henry O wrote:

Please How do I get paid for the work. Or is there a way the client must have run away with my money ??

It was an hourly contract.

Did you use the Upwork tracker to tack your time? Then you get paid automatically.#

Is this the same situation you asked about on Monday? Which part of the answers did you not understand?

Highlighted
Rohit S Member Since: May 23, 2018
20 of 27
I am a total newbie, I cannot find my work under my job section. My client messaged me his details and project via message and I responded it by completing my work. Now he is not talking!!
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS