Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finished job, client not responding

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
21 of 32

Yeni B wrote:
No that's not what I mean. We're on a contract, and the first milestone has been approved and paid for. It still remains $400 and we agreed that it'll be paid for after submitting.

If it wasn't funded, there is nothing anyone can do. There is no dispute process for unfunded milestones. 

But 2 days, especilly with the holiday weekend, is too early to panic yet, give the client at least until Tuesday before you start chasing, especially if they are in the US.

Yeni B wrote:
The client has really solid profile on here and I was happy to get something good so scams didn't even cross my mind. 

There is nothing hinting at a scam at this point. Not only is it the weekend, it's a holiday weekend in the US. 

Yeni B Member Since: May 9, 2019
22 of 32
Oh I had no idea about the holiday as I don't live there. Sigh, thanks so much, I can take a chill pill now.
Henry O Member Since: Jun 17, 2019
23 of 32
Hello,
I started an hourly project for a client. And I have delivered the work but the client isn't replying his message even when he is online.
After submission, he said he check and get back to me . but I waited but i didnt hear from him.. So I went through his reviews and I found out that some freelancers have the same view about him
Please How do I get paid for the work. Or is there a way the client must have run away with my money ??
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
24 of 32

Henry O wrote:

Please How do I get paid for the work. Or is there a way the client must have run away with my money ??

It was an hourly contract.

Did you use the Upwork tracker to tack your time? Then you get paid automatically.#

Is this the same situation you asked about on Monday? Which part of the answers did you not understand?

Rohit S Member Since: May 23, 2018
25 of 32
I am a total newbie, I cannot find my work under my job section. My client messaged me his details and project via message and I responded it by completing my work. Now he is not talking!!
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
26 of 32

Rohit, you worked for free.

Don't make the same mistake next time.

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
27 of 32

Hi Rohit, 

I checked your account and unfortunately can confirm that the client did not send you an offer just yet. In the future, please do no not work on any project until a client has sent you an offer, you have accepted it, it's showing on your My Jobs page as an active contract, and the client's payment method is verified. 

I would recommend that you read up on the Safety First! section of the freelancer resources we have compiled here, and these tips for avoiding questionable jobs, for more information about working safely through Upwork.

-Avery
Untitled
Dharmik K Member Since: Nov 21, 2016
28 of 32

He hired you?

Stefan R Member Since: Oct 2, 2019
29 of 32
No he didn't respond
Nikola V Member Since: Sep 7, 2015
30 of 32

Hi Stefan - Zdravo Stefan,

You worked for free. You don't need to start working without a contract. The client need to hire you first to be able to start. 

Please, read the Upwork roles first.

Cheers,

Nikola V.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS