🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Finishing a Contract
Page options
outsourcedmba
Community Member

Finishing a Contract

Hello!  I completed my first hourly contract and I used the desktop app to track my hours. My client said she was happy with the work and asked me to "submit the time." Now that the work is complete and I tracked time using the app, is there anything I need to do? Do I need to close it out somehow, end the contract, or do something to submit my time? Or does this automatically happen? It was great getting a first client and doing the work, I just don't want to screw it up by ending it the wrong way (or not ending it at all when I was supposed to)!  Thanks!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Kevin,

When you're working on hourly contracts your clients are automatically billed every Monday for the time worked in the previous week. There's no need to take any additional actions from your end.

You can share this Guide with your client on how they can review your Work Diary. I would suggest communicating with your client if they have any additional tasks for you. If the work is completed you can also ask them to close the contract and provide truthful feedback for you. To learn more about Upwork and how it works, you can check our resources Here as well. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Kevin,

When you're working on hourly contracts your clients are automatically billed every Monday for the time worked in the previous week. There's no need to take any additional actions from your end.

You can share this Guide with your client on how they can review your Work Diary. I would suggest communicating with your client if they have any additional tasks for you. If the work is completed you can also ask them to close the contract and provide truthful feedback for you. To learn more about Upwork and how it works, you can check our resources Here as well. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths