🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: First Job Accepted
Page options
kdbaker004
Community Member

First Job Accepted

Hi, I am new to Upwork and have just accepted my first job offer. I assumed the client would send me the work that needs to be completed, however I still haven't received anything. I am confused on how I obtain the project that needs to be completed. Do I wait for the client to send it to me or am I supposed to reach out to the client for the work?

Thank you in advance for your patience.

4 REPLIES 4
JoanneP

Hi Krystal,

You may reach out to your client to request for the details you need to complete the project. You can politely explain that you need the information so that you can start working. In the future, please make sure that you have all the necessary information before you accept the contract. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Thank you for your response.
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Krystal B wrote:

Hi, I am new to Upwork and have just accepted my first job offer. I assumed the client would send me the work that needs to be completed, however I still haven't received anything. I am confused on how I obtain the project that needs to be completed. Do I wait for the client to send it to me or am I supposed to reach out to the client for the work?

Thank you in advance for your patience.

While I understand how exciting it is to click the accept button for the first time, it can turn into a huge mistake when you don't have the material to start with. You might end up with a no money paid contract which is bad for your rating.

So: first review the materials, then accept, next time. 

Thank you for the information, I definitely won’t make this mistake again.
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths