cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Job Yay!

hioda192
Joseph Louis D Member Since: Feb 23, 2014
1 of 13
I just got my first but it sucks i need to bid so low in order to get it i'm disappointed but at the same time happy. And what sucks is my client wants it done in 3 days. Fixed priced: 1.50$ Duration: 3 days Job: Data Entry Data Needed: 120 ouch
rpmacrohon
Community Guru
Reynaldo M Member Since: Aug 4, 2012
2 of 13
If your into that job just for a "Great feedback and 5 star rating" its nothing to brag about. Sure hope also you have a active contract or else your just going to be disappointed. $1.50 fixed or php 65.00 for a 3 days work??? come on man. Your practically working for free. Wake up bro!!
mandylula
Community Guru
Mandy D Member Since: Jul 29, 2013
3 of 13
I hope this is a joke.
stephenbrightman
Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
4 of 13
OK - say you get five stars - you think you're on the ladder. But, it's the wrong ladder - it's the one that goes from the mud in the bottom of the pond for two rungs and then ends while you're still in the mud. So, the next client you apply to sees that you got five stars - and they see that you did the job for a dollar. If the client is more discerning they will look past you as someone who is only worth one dollar jobs. Another bottom-feeding client will see you as some mug who will do their job for another dollar... and so it goes on Seriously, if you start your oDesk career in the mud at the bottom of the pond, you will find it very hard to ever get out of the mud, whatever your feedback score is. I'm really not saying this to be nasty but hopefully to be helpful, however harsh it may sound
rpmacrohon
Community Guru
5 of 13
I think I have a fair idea who is/are the Client. In all probability its also a contractor at odesk who take in as many data entry job as possible and farm them out. Targeting newbies with a promise of great feedback and 5 stars. And sad to say a countryman. I got one of those type ire just recently in one of a social media group. Lambasting such practice. Was telling the group rather than helping, they are making it more difficult newbies life. Really sad.
mistykeith
Community Guru
Misty K Member Since: Feb 5, 2012
6 of 13
This isn't for real is it? If it is, I feel very sorry for you. This is like slave labor, maybe even worse. Why would you ever work so cheap? I wouldn't do it, and I certainly wouldn't be happy at all.
islamayoub
Islam A Member Since: Dec 15, 2013
7 of 13
[quote=Joseph Louis D.]I just got my first but it sucks i need to bid so low in order to get it i'm disappointed but at the same time happy. And what sucks is my client wants it done in 3 days. Fixed priced: 1.50$ Duration: 3 days Job: Data Entry Data Needed: 120 ouch
rpmacrohon
Community Guru
8 of 13
With due respect sir, at least yours is $0.5 his is $.0125 per line. Its not a 120 words it can be as short as 2 words per line to 100 w/c we have no idea. But reading thru the OP's post, it will be a challenge for him to complete the task in 3 days. you may be the lucky one, 1 out hundreds. There are too many contractors now coming in to oDesk and other platforms who does not know what they are getting into. The only thing they are aware of is that there some success stories. Online work is already a "BandWagon" and people are jumping in and trying to "hitch a ride". And there are as many falling out as those who are jumping in. Band Wagon mentality in the long run is never good in any business.
islamayoub
Islam A Member Since: Dec 15, 2013
9 of 13
Most of what you say is true and you are right about everything but the thing is that I am giving him a push not to give up, but to learn from his mistakes and get a better one. Thank you sir Islam
rpmacrohon
Community Guru
10 of 13
So true, we should motive newbies to strive better, by way of doing thing the right way.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS