cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Project

Shantanu D Member Since: Jul 9, 2016
1 of 8

Hi Team,

I have recently Joined Upwork and got engaged in one of the project, in my profile it still says Active Candidance 0 Sealed, i have started working on the project, how do i get paid after the project completion? Cuz i have not mentioned my account number ofr anything anywhere in the upwork.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Kanwal F Member Since: Apr 20, 2015
BEST ANSWER
2 of 8

If the project is awarded to you‚ you can see it in My Jobs tab. If nothing displays it means you don't have any working job and project is not awarded to you.. Never start working on a project until the job is awarded to you. And in case of fixed price job‚ it also needs to be funded. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Guru
Kanwal F Member Since: Apr 20, 2015
3 of 8

In order to get paid‚ you need to add your payment method. Go to Settings > Get paid > Add a payment method..

Highlighted
Community Guru
Maria T Member Since: Nov 12, 2015
4 of 8

I have visited your profile and do not seem to have any work in progress.
As Kanwal told you, if does not appear in your profile or in "My Jobs" you have not been hired so, do not keep working until you have a contract that is visible.
If you continue with work and deliveries under these conditions, your not charge anything.
Watch out!!

Highlighted
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
5 of 8

@Shantanu D wrote:

Hi Team,

I have recently Joined Upwork and got engaged in one of the project, in my profile it still says Active Candidance 0 Sealed, i have started working on the project, how do i get paid after the project completion? Cuz i have not mentioned my account number ofr anything anywhere in the upwork.

Shantanu,

Your post is not very clear, but adding to Kanwal and Maria's posts, when you agree to work for someone on Upwork, then the client must set up a contract through Upwork. It should either be on an hourly basis using Upwork's tracker system, or on a fixed-rate basis, with the amount you and your client have agreed to funded into escrow. This is not an upfront payment, the money is simply held until you have delivered the job and the customer is satisfied. It also gives you some protection 

If you have already completed the job and delivered it without a contract in place then you are not likely to get paid.

You should read all the help pages and watch the videos for freelancers (and clients) before starting to bid on Upwork. It will save you a lot of time in the long run (and money!). You could start here: 

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/categories/201362778

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
6 of 8

Hi Shantanu,

I've checked and can confirm you have not been hired for any of the jobs you applied for. You do have one active candidacy, but you don't have an active contract for that or any other job.

I see other users already shared all the details about the job award process, so please make sure not to start working unless you have an active contract on Upwork, use Upwork Protection Programs and only accept to get paid through the platform. 

To help you work safely on Upwork, please have a look at tips and warning signs shared in this thread and Upwork Trust & Safety FAQ.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Shah Member Since: Oct 4, 2015
7 of 8

Hi Shantanu,

Further to above answers about your payment, Amount will remain in your account maintained by Upwork till the time you mention your complete detail like Bank A/c no., name, address and IFSC. You can gather your earning for certain time on Upwork and can make withdrawal one time for cost saving. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
8 of 8

re: "i have started working on the project"

Please stop.

If you want to work for free or do volunteer work, you should do so at a local community center, charitable organization, mosque, school, temple, shelter, etc.

Please don't do free work on Upwork. It messes things up for all of us when clients can get contractors to work for free. That is not this site's purpose.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS