🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: First time using Time tracker
Page options
b70d2470
Community Member

First time using Time tracker

Hello Everyone, hope you're doing well! I need some advice about the manage of time tracked.

I got my first hourly contract and I download the Time Tracked only after 2 days before I started, so I decided to add manually those hours of work. Will that affect my contract?

I appreciate your time in reading and replying.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
a485ff2e
Community Member

Hi Mabel,

Hourly contracts should be completed using the Upwork time tracker so that the number of hours is tracked and such hours are covered by Upwork Protection. Moreover, manual hours are not covered by such protection and you need to make sure whether the client has allowed you for manual hours.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Community Member

I'll check it. Thanks

a485ff2e
Community Member

Hi Mabel,

Hourly contracts should be completed using the Upwork time tracker so that the number of hours is tracked and such hours are covered by Upwork Protection. Moreover, manual hours are not covered by such protection and you need to make sure whether the client has allowed you for manual hours.

e2121db6
Community Member

Rahul P, do  you have any suggestions, as the time tracker won't launch for me. I have an important client that I recently got a great contract with. I've put in two ticket requests to get help. Every time I try to try to 'open time tracker', the app doesn't launch. All I end up seeing is a blank page. I've tried to refresh, logged out and back in, and tried it again the next day. Same thing. I'm getting anxious about this issue because it's impacting my contract and ability to get going. I've let the client know there's a tech issue that I'm trying to get Upwork to help me resolve. She was gracious enough to allow me to submit 'manual' hours on the first day, but if I don't get this resolved, I'll have to find a separate easy to use time tracking app and still log my hours manually so I can get paid. Thank you.

Ana

a485ff2e
Community Member

Hi Ana,

Just see the link for the download of the Upwork tracker.  You should download and install it. 

https://www.upwork.com/ab/downloads

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths