🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Five clients | Five stars each | JSS = 78...
Page options
gnicolaides
Community Member

Five clients | Five stars each | JSS = 78%?

I am trying to suss out why my job score is so low, given that I've had five clients and each client gave me five  stars. This math doesn't make sense to me.

It is true that I haven't been active lately because I also have "real world" clients and had a lot of work from them. I am now actively pitching clients again on Upwork, but I think I'm in a catch-22: I need new clients to raise my job score, but the 78% is not likely attractive to a client.

Other than explaining in the pitch why my score is low, what can I do?

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Member

Georgette N wrote:

I am trying to suss out why my job score is so low, given that I've had five clients and each client gave me five  stars.

Nope. 4 clients did, 1 left no feedback at all. Stars are mostly meaningless. Private feedback is what counts. Have you got any contracs that never led to any earnings? Such contracts also hurt the JSS. That would be contracts that were cancelled, fully refunded, or were started 2+ months ago, but no payment was ever made yet) 

Georgette N wrote:

Other than explaining in the pitch why my score is low...

Don't do that. All it does is draw attention to it. Clients who are put off by the JSS won' read it anyway, clients who don't care don't need to be prompted to care.

NikolaS

Hi Georgette,

Your Job Success Score is calculated on 6-, 12-, and 24 months windows and it is updated every second week on Sunday. There are many factors that go into your JSS calculation including public and private feedback given when the contract is closed, a pattern of contracts without feedback, etc. To learn more about JSS, please check out this help article

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members