🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Five day security period for the release of f...
Page options
khawaja121
Community Member

Five day security period for the release of funds for direct to local bank payment

Hello there, I submitted work for payment on the first milestone of a fixed payment contract but upwork tells me that it will take a five day security period in order for me to collect my earnings. Is there any way to fast track this process by talking to somebody. I am urgently in need of payment due to the Covid-19 Pandemic which has hit my country of Pakistan really badly. If a community member or upwork staff member can guide me in regards to this i'd be extremely grateful.
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lysis10
Community Member

There is some creepto from yesterday who got paid with likely a stolen credit card. The transaction was reversed before he could wipe the account (I assume Upwork linked the scammer with the freelancer because apparently the profile is dead now too). This is exactly why there is a security hold.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
lysis10
Community Member

There is some creepto from yesterday who got paid with likely a stolen credit card. The transaction was reversed before he could wipe the account (I assume Upwork linked the scammer with the freelancer because apparently the profile is dead now too). This is exactly why there is a security hold.

I guess it's to protect the security of both upwork and the freelancer. I guess it's fine but i'd like to request the moderators to consider my case. Since I have already had my identification verified and it would be a great help to me if my payment was released earlier than the standard time, while maintaining all adewiate checks and balances of the transaction of course.
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths