🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Fix-price contract charges
Page options
91105f9d3596dfa0
Community Member

Fix-price contract charges

Hi,
I hired a freelancer about a month ago, the offer was accepted and a milestone activated. Then, without any work having been done and any payments paid the freelancer and I agreed to terminate the contract. The system still charged me the tax and employee fee. How can I get a reund since no cooperation occured during the contract? Thanks!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
2bfd3e02
Community Member

It is your responsibility to determine whether to enter into a contract with a freelancer as stated in the terms of service. Upwork provides a safe space called '' Escrow '' for payment protection. Once you have entered into a contract with a freelancer, and activated the milestone, you used Escrow, so basically, you did use the Upwork services hence you are bound to pay the amount for the services.

Next time, try making sure that the freelancer is a good fit. You are free to determine which freelancer to choose, whether to enter into a contract or not.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
2bfd3e02
Community Member

It is your responsibility to determine whether to enter into a contract with a freelancer as stated in the terms of service. Upwork provides a safe space called '' Escrow '' for payment protection. Once you have entered into a contract with a freelancer, and activated the milestone, you used Escrow, so basically, you did use the Upwork services hence you are bound to pay the amount for the services.

Next time, try making sure that the freelancer is a good fit. You are free to determine which freelancer to choose, whether to enter into a contract or not.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members