🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Fixed Contract - Need Help
Page options
parthforwork
Community Member

Fixed Contract - Need Help

I have worked for a client and he deleted my milestones and ended the contract. I lose $150 in that contract. Need help.

4 REPLIES 4
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "I have worked for a client and he deleted my milestones and ended the contract. I lose $150 in that contract. Need help."

Do you mean:

"I understand that I will not receive this money. I need help understanding what happened."

Here is what I think happened:

You had a contract with a client. But he decided to not continue with the contract, and he ended it before you worked on and were paid for all of the milestones that you originally expected.

There is nothing you can do about this.

Clients are allowed to close a contract at any time.

If the client did not want to have to you continue working on this project, he had the right to close it.

The client did not fund the final milestones. You did not work on the final milestones.

So you did not really "lose" $150 in this contract. You simply did not have an opportunity to work on as much of the project as you originally anticipated.

You did not povide very many details. I am guessing at some of this. If anything I have said here is inaccurate, feel free to correct me. If you have remaining questions, feel free to ask them.

No, I have completed my work. And when I pushed the code for review, he
ditched me.

Parth:

I do not doubt that you were disappointed by what happend.

But what you are describing is not how fixed-price contracts work.

If there is any money in escrow, then the client can not simply "ditch you." The money in escrow MUST go to YOU (the freelancer) unless YOU agree to refund it back to the client.

There are only 3 possibilities for that money:

- The client releases the money to the freelancer

- The client asks for the money back and the freelancer AGREES to refund it (by clicking a button)

[or]

- Neither side can agree who gets the money, and the matter goes to dispute...

petra_r
Community Member

Parth P wrote:

I have worked for a client and he deleted my milestones and ended the contract. I lose $150 in that contract. Need help.

Did you submit work beyond what was funded in Escrow?

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members