🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Fixed Price Contract Fully Funded, but Cl...
Page options
sterrelonge
Community Member

Fixed Price Contract Fully Funded, but Client MIA

Hello Upwork family, 

I have a situation:

A client fully funded a milestone. I told the client the date that I would deliver the work, and I delivered the job on that stated date. 

It's been a week since I first requested payment. I have been requesting payment every other day, but the client is not responding.

I can see that the money is in escrow, but the client is not approving the work (neither has he said that he doesn't like it). This client is just MIA.

What should I do?

I thank you all very much for your advice!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
emiguelina
Community Member

Sophia T wrote:

Hello Upwork family, 

I have a situation:

A client fully funded a milestone. I told the client the date that I would deliver the work, and I delivered the job on that stated date. 

It's been a week since I first requested payment. I have been requesting payment every other day, but the client is not responding.

I can see that the money is in escrow, but the client is not approving the work (neither has he said that he doesn't like it). This client is just MIA.

What should I do?

Please! do "nothing", every time you requested payment the clock resets and start the countdown again! The client has 14 days to review the work, if nothing is done, you will receive the funds.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
emiguelina
Community Member

Sophia T wrote:

Hello Upwork family, 

I have a situation:

What should I do?

Please! do "nothing", every time you requested payment the clock resets and start the countdown again! The client has 14 days to review the work, if nothing is done, you will receive the funds.

Thanks so much Elba! I didn't know that! 

I'll just sit and wait then! 

Thanks a lot! 😄

re: "Fixed Price Contract Fully Funded, but Client MIA"

Yeah... I always view this as a good thing.

It means I can finish my work without anybody bothering me, and submit it, and get paid automatically without answering questions or handling any "revision" requests.

M.I.A. is awesome.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths