🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Fixed Price Contract Partial Payment and End ...
Page options
saiddon
Community Member

Fixed Price Contract Partial Payment and End it

Hello! I'm writing as the client. I bought/funded a fixed price project from a freelancer at $190. Unfortunately the freelancer delivered only 22% of the project and I suggested I only pay 22% of the escrow, that is $42. The freelancer agreed. Can anyone please guide me how to approve and pay for only $42 and not the full $190? Thanks in advance.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Said,

This is Pradeep filling in for Joanne. Apologies for the confusion in the earlier message. I checked your account and it appears that you are referring to the Project catalog.

I would like to clarify that the steps shared by Joanne are applicable to the Fixed Price contracts, however, it does not work the same way for Projects. To release a partial payment on a Project, you will need to cancel the project by clicking 'Cancel Order' and you will have the option to release a partial payment as seen here. Feel free to message us if you have further questions. 

- Pradeep

Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
JoanneP

Hi Said,

Thanks for reaching out! Yes, clients can pay for the partial amount only. To release a partial milestone amount for work submitted through the Upwork platform, please follow these steps:

1. Select the contract from Jobs › My Jobs and choose Review & Pay
  2. Choose Pay Now
  3. Choose the pencil icon
  4. Enter the amount to be released
  5. Choose Send Payment

You can find more helpful information about it here

~ Joanne
Upwork
saiddon
Community Member

Hi Joanne.

Thanks for reaching out. This is not a milestone but a one-off "ready-made" project that I bought from the freelancer. I don't see the Review and Pay option. The freelancer has "delivered" the project and I only see Review and Approve. I'm afraid that if I approve, I will release the full $190 and not the now mutually agreed $42. I only want to pay $42 and refunded the balance to my payment method or Upwork account for future work with other freelancers. Can you please help me do this?

Hi Said,

This is Pradeep filling in for Joanne. Apologies for the confusion in the earlier message. I checked your account and it appears that you are referring to the Project catalog.

I would like to clarify that the steps shared by Joanne are applicable to the Fixed Price contracts, however, it does not work the same way for Projects. To release a partial payment on a Project, you will need to cancel the project by clicking 'Cancel Order' and you will have the option to release a partial payment as seen here. Feel free to message us if you have further questions. 

- Pradeep

Upwork
saiddon
Community Member

This worked like a charm! Thanks Pradeep!!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members