🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Fixed Price Contract (no milestone) for Unres...
Page options
mumair31
Community Member

Fixed Price Contract (no milestone) for Unresponsive Client

Hi all!

I am new to Upwork. This is my first contract with an unresponsive client.

It's a fixed-price contract with no milestone. I did all the work according to the client's wishes and sent it. the client also liked the work, but since then the client is neither closing the contract nor replying to my message. after submission of work, While payment appears in Escrow.

so now my question is: What should I do now? Should I End the contract or wait for the client?

Also, I want to know that if I end the contract, it will not make any difference in my rating? And how many days after I get the payment?

Note: I also attached the image of the submitted work.

Thank you for your thought!

**Edited for community guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
sjbercot
Community Member

It looks like you properly submitted the work via a funded milestone, so there's nothing you need to do. You do not need to close the contract yourself or message the client again. You will be automatically paid in 14 days if the client does nothing.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
sjbercot
Community Member

It looks like you properly submitted the work via a funded milestone, so there's nothing you need to do. You do not need to close the contract yourself or message the client again. You will be automatically paid in 14 days if the client does nothing.

Hi, Sarah!

It was very helpful for me, thanks for helping.

Hi,

I need someone to assist me with my Fixed price Project. The client added the first milestone of $250 (due date: 19 march) but I completed half work last week and submitted the work and the client released half payment that is $125 now I completed the remaining half work of $125 but there is no option showing "submit work for payment" then how can I ask the client for remaining payment?

Please help! should I need to propose another milestone?

Hi Pooja,

Please refer to the information I've shared with you on your first post Here. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
youssefbahaa
Community Member

Hi Umair, you can click on the "Submit work for payment" button in (My Jobs) Section. This will grant you to be automatically paid after 14 days in case the client kept being unresponsive. Please be noted, if you have already clicked on that button, DON'T click on it again or it will start counting the 14 days again from Zero.

Regarding that the freelancer closes a contract by himself, I don't recommend such a thing. It would be better if the client did so because he will be asked to leave feedback for you which is something great for your profile [In case he liked the work].

Good Luck,

Youssef

Hi, Youssef!

I got your point because I already clicked the "Submit work for payment" button.

I have taken note of the points you have made and I am sure they will continue to be useful to me.

Thank you for helping
Umair 🙂

JoanneP

Hi Umair, 

Sarah is right. The client has 14 days from the most recent submission on a milestone to review and approve or request changes. If your client doesn't respond to any milestone submission within 14 days, the deposit is automatically released to you. Here's the help article for more information. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
mumair31
Community Member

Hi, Joanne Marie P!

Yes, I agree with Sara, thank you for your help...! 🙂

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members