🐈 Community
rachelhemraj

Fixed Price Jobs

Hello,

I recently received a email from odesk stating that fixed price jobs are now escrow protected.But whenever I apply to Fixed Price jobs i receive a warning stating that "Fixed Price jobs do not come under escrow protection".

I checked your forums and there also it is mentioned that all fixed price jobs now come under escrow protection. 

I really don't know where I am going wrong..Please advice

Thanks

Rachel

3 REPLIES 3
prestonhunter

And thus we see that the escrow protection of fixed rate jobs is like Schrödinger's cat. If you undestand quantum theory, you can understand fixed rate protection

Fixed price jobs are Escrow protected AND not Escrow protected at the same time. Preston, your explanation really made my day Cat Very Happy

“Go then, there are other worlds than these.”
―Stephen King, The Gunslinger
kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rachel,

Could you please report the notification you see to Customer Support and attach a screenshot of it to the ticket?

All fixed-price contracts are covered by Escrow Protection as long as the client funds a milestone. Unfunded milestones, funds from unverified payment methods or amounts that are discussed between freelancers and clients are not covered by Escrow Protection. 

~ Valeria
Upwork