🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Fixed-Price Project Listed Only One Milestone...
Page options
marie_leroux
Community Member

Fixed-Price Project Listed Only One Milestone: Solutions?

Hello, UpWork Community!

Can you help with a Fixed-Price Milestone Question? 

Last week a wonderful client made an offer on a fixed-price project. 

We had extended the project from four milestones to nine, which I added before he placed the funds in escrow and I accepted the offer. 

However, somehow the new milestones didn't "take", leaving only one milestone, which is now active, so it cannot be edited. 

It would obviously not be reasonable to pay a substantial project nine weeks in advance before the work is done. Likewise, I would not like to wait nine weeks. 

Is there any way to sort this out without closing the contract and reopening another one? 

Thank you for your help Smiley Happy

- Marie

2 REPLIES 2
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Marie,

Please keep in mind that only one milestone can be active at a time. Once you're paid on the first milestone the client will be able to fund the second one and it will be shown as active on your end.

If you and your client would like to allocate the budget to more milestones, the client can also release less funds on your first, second, or any other milestone and once it's approved they can create a new one. To learn more about how milestones work, check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

@Goran, thank you so much for the swift and helpful reply. 

Releasing less of the funds looks like the best solution.

I will suggest that as a first option... Thank you!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members