🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Fixed Price Project Resources Cost
Page options
mrmkamranmalik
Community Member

Fixed Price Project Resources Cost

I want to ask who is responsible for resources cost (e.g hosting, web server etc) for fixed price project?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Muhammad K wrote:

I want to ask who is responsible for resources cost (e.g hosting, web server etc) for fixed price project?

If you ask if there is a provision in the terms of services for that, there isn't. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Muhammad K wrote:

If you ask if there is a provision in the terms of services for that, there isn't. 

prestonhunter
Community Member

Muhammad:

That is up to you.

I actually provide hosting at no extra charge to my clients. But Upwork does not require that I do so.

Most freelancers DO NOT provide this service.

If your margins are slim, then it doesn't make sense to pay for web hosting for other people's projects.

I actually pay a lot of money for hosting. I lease dedicated servers. That way I don't need to pay additional costs for each client. I provide premium services to clients and with the number of clients I have and the amount of work I do for them, my costs are well covered and are a "cost of doing business."

But most freelance developers on Upwork are likely to only maintain a private development environment, maybe only a local machine, and require clients to provide their own hosting.

The bottom line is that you need to do what makes sense for you financially. You should never be subsidizing other people's projects. You should make sure all of the projects you work on are profitable for you.

Thank you

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members