🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Fixed Price ( include Registration fee )
Page options
a53d6c32
Community Member

Fixed Price ( include Registration fee )

Hello,

Good day for you!

I m a beginner at Upwork. May I know about fixed price? client says Registration Fee Must Be Completed For Your Selected Project TYPE. Have of 4 type  Example - Type 1 salary 39, registration fee 5.
It is a normal process ?

Waiting for advice reply.

Best Regards,

WTGM

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
a_lipsey
Community Member

Wint M wrote:

Hello,

Good day for you!

I m a beginner at Upwork. May I know about fixed price? client says Registration Fee Must Be Completed For Your Selected Project TYPE. Have of 4 type  Example - Type 1 salary 39, registration fee 5.
It is a normal process ?

Best Regards,

WTGM

No. This is a scam. You should never have to pay any client to take a job. Clients pay you. And you should never accept or send ANY kind of payment off of Upwork. Report the client. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
a_lipsey
Community Member

Wint M wrote:

Hello,

Good day for you!

It is a normal process ?

Best Regards,

WTGM

No. This is a scam. You should never have to pay any client to take a job. Clients pay you. And you should never accept or send ANY kind of payment off of Upwork. Report the client. 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Wint, 

Amanda is correct. It's a violation for clients to ask freelancers to pay for work. 

I'll go ahead and look into this and will forward it to the team for their further review. In the meantime, 

I highly recommend that you read up on the "Safety First!" section of the freelancer resources we have compiled, and these tips for avoiding questionable jobs for more information about working safely through Upwork.

~ Avery
Upwork
c744a873
Community Member

Hello,

I also encountered that. It is also my first time here at Upwork. Fortunately, I saw this post thank you so much.

harivola67
Community Member

Hi,

Luckily i saw this post. The client demanded a deposit of $150 before starting the project but I flatly refused.

Type of client: 1 job post, recently created account, unverified payment method

Thank you 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members