cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fixed Price - receiving money after doing the work

Highlighted
Wayne K Member Since: Jan 23, 2015
1 of 2

I have recently done my first odesk fixed price job, and can see the job as funded, but not showing as paid. The work is complete. Do i have to click on end contract to get paid?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
BEST ANSWER
2 of 2
Do NOT close the contract. Click on the job listing and look for the button for submitting your work or "milestone."

You are looking for a big button to SUBMIT work to your client.

After you submit your work to the client, the client will manually click on a button to release the funds to you.

IF the client does NOTHING and never even logs onto oDesk again, then wait 14 days and ODesk will automatically release the funds to you.

If you don't want to wait you can use an oDesk button to officially re-submit your work and ask the client to pay for the work.

You do not want a contract to be closed until AFTER you are paid.

And even after you are paid, always have the CLIENT close the contract if at all possible. ODesk does NOT like to see contractors close contracts.

Even if you do not have any file to physically submit as an attachment when you click the submit button, you still need to use the button. For example, maybe your job was to make the client's server run faster. When you submit your work, you can just include a sentence or two describing what you did. You do not always need to attach something when you submit, but you always need to submit.

View solution in original post

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS