Fixed Projects | No Active Milestones

shohel121
Community Leader
AHS SHOHEL A Member Since: May 19, 2016
1 of 3

Hi Community,

I have more than one Fixed Term contracts lying idle:

• There is no active milestone.
  • I contacted the clients several times through Upwork message but no response.

My questions are:

1. What would be the best way to deal with these contracts (Fixed Term)?
  2. Do they affect my JSS if I keep idle like this?
  3. How do they affect if I end the contracts?

Thank you. 

Shohel
kat303
Community Guru
Kathy T Member Since: Jul 17, 2015
2 of 3

@AHS SHOHEL A wrote:

Hi Community,

I have more than one Fixed Term contracts lying idle:

• There is no active milestone.
  • I contacted the clients several times through Upwork message but no response.

My questions are:

1. What would be the best way to deal with these contracts (Fixed Term)?  You should message the clients asking them to close the contract and letting them know that if they need more work they can always hire you again and open a new contract. Perhaps, adding that keeping them open will affect your ability to gain new clients. may help to convience those clients to close their jobs.
  2. Do they affect my JSS if I keep idle like this?  After a period of time (I think it's 3 months), Upwork will pause those jobs that do not have any activity. If that happens, it may have an affect on your JSS score.
  3. How do they affect if I end the contracts? Again, it may have an affect on your JSS score. But, if it comes to that point, where you have to close the contract yourself because you've gotten no reply to any messages (see question 1 ) then Don't close all of them at once. Close one or two then wait until you've finished a few jobs before you close another.

Thank you. 

shohel121
Community Leader
AHS SHOHEL A Member Since: May 19, 2016
3 of 3

Thank you so much, Kathy.

Some clients are so unresponsive- after repeated messages,  they don't reply even a yes or no. 

Shohel
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS