cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fixed Terms

Apanda C Member Since: Oct 11, 2013
1 of 4

I was just wondering that how come oDesk cannot do anything to protect honest workers who get hired for fixed term.  The tab submit the work for the approval doesn't meant anything because if they choose to cheat you.  They will just take your work and decide to give you all excuses and refuse to pay.

I thought that the new rules were submit the work and if you don't hear from them then you get funded automatically after 14 days, but obviously, this is not the case.

Will there be any hourly jobs left here.  They tell you at first as hourly then it turens into fixed or no job at all, really?

That 10 percents that oDesk charges is for what, for example, I wonder?

Community Guru
Lyam B Member Since: Nov 3, 2014
2 of 4

They state all the time that fixed-price contracts aren't guaranteed payment. That said, once a client deposits money to fund the project, and they want to end the contract/decline payment because the work is unsatisfactory, oDesk should step in and investigate. This is a huge flaw and it's pretty stupid too.

If you submit work for approval and the client doesn't respond in 14 days, it will be automatically credited to your account.

if you're do any content jobs, articles, etc...put your work into a free Wordpress account (privately) until they pay you. If they don't pay you, you have it as proof that you're the author.

Community Guru
Manish A Member Since: Nov 4, 2014
3 of 4

Hello Apanda,

As I am aware of oDesk will be initiating Escrow Protection in January 2015.

More details are here.

Good Luck

Manish

MD. FAZULUR R Member Since: Dec 15, 2014
4 of 4

Really i have faced this clients attitude badly.... Job post hourly basis and after done 3 or 5 job testing than hire on odesk cheap price on fixed price... its really embraccing ...!

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS