Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fixed contract

lui28
Ma. Luisa L Member Since: Sep 11, 2017
1 of 5

Hello, 

I've been hired for a fixed contract for a "payment unverified" client. I've worked for only 2 hours for him and I was notified by Upwork that my contract is currently suspended. I would like to get paid if the contract will get suspended permanently with him, How do I get paid?

mthornton-cpc
Community Guru
Melissa T Member Since: Dec 5, 2014
2 of 5

Hopefully the client will verify their payment method and your contract will resume. The title of your post is "fixed contract", but you mention working by the hour. Is the contract hourly or fixed rate? You may be eligible for payment protection, but it is different for each type of contract - fixed or hourly. 

tlsanders
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
3 of 5

I don't do hourly work, but I'm pretty sure that payment method being verified is one of the requirements.

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
4 of 5

It IS a requirement.

IF the original poster is talking about an hourly contract, then Upwork Payment Protection does NOT apply if she was working while the client was NOT payment-verified.

But that doesn't necessarily mean she won't get paid. If there was a temporary funding issue with the client's payment method, then the freelancer could still end up getting paid.

But that is contingent upon the client's payment issues being resolved.

If the freelancer was working while the client was officially payment-verified, and meeting all the rules for Payment Protection, then even if there is an unresolvable problem with the client's payment method, Upwork will pay out for the time worked. This has happened a couple of times to me. Upwork has paid me for hourly work out of its own pocket, and I never found out if it was actually able to get money from the client

aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
5 of 5

Hi Ma. Luisa, 

I checked your account and can see that this was an hourly contract. As shared by the other community members, one requirement of qualifying for hourly protection is making sure that a client's payment method is verified when you started working on the contract. You may read more about the Upwork Hourly Protection for Hourly contracts in this help article to understand how you can always qualify for payment protection when working on the platform. 

~ Avery
Upwork
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS