Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fixed jobs client expand the requirements

aosama
amr o Member Since: Jun 23, 2015
1 of 7

Hello,

More than 95% of my work over here is on hourly based, so last week I got invitation for a quick fixeed job contract, I accepted it and worked on it for 1.5 hours as my estimation, I run my code and got results, the results have issues, so I send the results (not the code) to the client, and as expected, he requested to do more work to solve this issues, 

I requested that this be in a new milistone wiith a new payment, he refused and was very upsate,

Any advice for this situation?

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 7

It depends on what "the issues" are.

if the contract was to "fix XYZ" and you haven't fixed XYZ then there is no reason for an additional milestone, because you have not yet achieved what the milestone set out.

If the contract was to fix XYZ and you have done this (XYZ is fixed) and the client now wants you to fix ABC, that warrants a new milestone.

If the original milestone requires more work than you had originally estimated to achieve the result that was agreed, that is not your client's problem. It means you did not understand the original scope correctly.

aosama
3 of 7

Exactly, I see that the contract was to do xyz and I did xyz and now client requests abc for free, while client see that I did xy and he asking for z so no need for extra paymet, how to solve this conflict 

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
4 of 7

Hi Amr,

Unlike Hourly contracts, clients are paying for the product on Fixed-Price jobs and not freelancer's time. Your contract is based on the terms you agreed on with your client and it is expected that the work you deliver must match the terms and client's requirements. I'm not familiar with your agreement, job scope or exact services you were hired to provide, but presume the contract amount covers the delivery of a complete, working product?

Untitled
aosama
5 of 7

I see that I satsified his needs and now he expending the scope, while he didn't see so, so how to solve this conflict

aosama
6 of 7

Now he requesting a return of 1/3 the funds while I see that I already worked for his requirement and get it done !!

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
BEST ANSWER
7 of 7

Hi Amr,

If you delivered the work as agreed and can't resolve the problem with the client directly, you can decline the refund request and initiate a dispute.

Untitled

View solution in original post

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS