cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fixed price contract end

Hi,

I've a client with whom I entered with a fixed price contract. However, one of his team member ended the contract with me which he was supposed to end with someone. Now, the client wants to resume the current contract by cancelling the cancel request.

How should client can resume contract from their end? Is there any option available?
3 REPLIES 3
djondinium
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Dharmendra,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Unfortunately, a closed contract can't be resumed. The client can either access the closed contract and use a bonus to pay you the remaining amount or they can offer a new contract to you and set up a new milestone.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Hi Aleksandar,

Thanks for your reply. I got the answer from your reply but I've two more questions arising from this.
1. If client closes the contract after paying bonus(client requested for full refund), will it affect my JSS?
2. If client offers new contract, will the old job affect JSS?

Hi Dharmendra,

1. We won't be able to share how contracts affect your score, but you may want to check out "How do contracts with no earnings or feedback affect my score?" in the FAQ section of this help article.

2. Every job that is closed by you or client, is considered in JSS calculation. If your client rehires you, both jobs are considered in the JSS calculation. There is some exception of course, such as Top Rated freelancers who are eligible to use their Top Rated feedback removal perk.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS