🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Fixed price contracts - how long until it's p...
Page options
extoria
Community Member

Fixed price contracts - how long until it's possible to raise a pay dispute?

I have a fixed price-contract that I completed and sent through the work for on the 20th January, nearly two weeks ago. I was sending the files through messenger, and once I had sent all of them, I waited a couple of days to make sure there weren't any further requests/messages from the client, then submitted the request for payment.

The payment is in escrow and just needs approval, but it has been a week and a half. I have sent two polite reminder messages. At what point is it reasonable to raise a dispute? Or are there further actions I can take before that point?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Victoria M wrote:

At what point is it reasonable to raise a dispute? 

There is no need to raise a dispute, in fact it would be inappropriate.

Clients have 14 days from the time you submitted the work properly for payment through the "Submit for payment" function to review and request changes if needed.

If the client doesn't request changes, the funds are released to you you automatically after 14 days.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Member

Victoria M wrote:

At what point is it reasonable to raise a dispute? 

There is no need to raise a dispute, in fact it would be inappropriate.

Clients have 14 days from the time you submitted the work properly for payment through the "Submit for payment" function to review and request changes if needed.

If the client doesn't request changes, the funds are released to you you automatically after 14 days.

extoria
Community Member

Ah, excellent! I thought I had read something like that, but couldn't quite find it again. I will not do anything further then.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members