🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Fixed price job, with shifts, but no time...
Page options
ikfreelance
Community Member

Fixed price job, with shifts, but no time...

Hello Community,

so I keep seeing these jobs which are clearly hourly jobs and even the shifts are mentioned, however on a fixed price contract and without any duration mentioned...

My questions are:

1- How should I even bid on such a job?

2- Is this normal? Is this allowed?

Here is an example:

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Please, enlighten me on this one.

Greetings,

Ivo

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
tlsanders
Community Member

Probably you shouldn't, because usually that type of posting is designed to conceal a very low hourly rate--sometimes so low that it would violate Upwork's $3/hour minimum if posted as an hourly job.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
moonraker
Community Member

Perhaps the $900 is a fixed salary? I'd hazard a guess it's a monthly salary but it's hard to tell without seeing the client's profile. 

If it's not enough for you, then don't apply. I wouldn't work for that much but, if I did, I would request payment in milestones. No way would I work for a whole month before receiving anything. Although, again, I'm guessing a bit here. 

Hi Jamie,

thanks for the reply. See, that's my point, there is no way of telling what is meant by that.

And since they are looking for "looking for a full-time and a part-time  **Edited for Community Guidelines**" , it is perhaps split between the 2 positions.

And there is no time period mentioned neither...

Greets,

tlsanders
Community Member

Probably you shouldn't, because usually that type of posting is designed to conceal a very low hourly rate--sometimes so low that it would violate Upwork's $3/hour minimum if posted as an hourly job.

Hey Tiffany,

thanks a lot. You confirmed what I was thinking.

Greets,

Ivo

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members