🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Fixed price project (50% completed). Clie...
Page options
european74
Community Member

Fixed price project (50% completed). Client disappeared.

Hi

I have been workin on fixed price project. Escrow was funded.
50% of the proejct was completed.

Project started like thousends of projects. I created design. Design was accepted by client. And she asked me to make HTML code. I was happy and ready to code the HTML. But next day Upwork placed the project on hold. Client disappeared.

Also I contacted Upwork after about 1 or 2 weeks time to get any info. 

They explained that client dont answer to their emails.

What is best solution?

1) cancel the project

2) send an invoice with 50% payment.

Also I've contacted the client after about 4 weeks time. No answer.
I think after 2 months time Upwork will return whole amount from Escrow to the client.

You know there is COVID problem so maybe something happened with her.  What to do?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Mariusz,

It's nice to be nice - it's a quality too often missing on this message board - but the point of having escrowed milestones is that you will get paid via the release of escrowed milestones as the project progresses on the milestone schedule you and your client have agreed to.

If you have completed and submitted the work required by a milestone, you should expect to get paid for that work. Submit the work as required by Upwork's protocols and you can still think of yourself as a nice person.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
wlyonsatl
Community Member

Did you use the "Submit" button on the project page to submit your work for the existing escrowed part of the project?

No, I did not. But I am not sure if this is nice to ask for money for 50%-completed project. I know she approved the design and dissapeared.

Mariusz,

It's nice to be nice - it's a quality too often missing on this message board - but the point of having escrowed milestones is that you will get paid via the release of escrowed milestones as the project progresses on the milestone schedule you and your client have agreed to.

If you have completed and submitted the work required by a milestone, you should expect to get paid for that work. Submit the work as required by Upwork's protocols and you can still think of yourself as a nice person.

Mariusz O wrote:

No, I did not. But I am not sure if this is nice to ask for money for 50%-completed project. I know she approved the design and dissapeared.

If 50% of the funded milestone is complete, just submit that and request 50% of the payment. After 14 days, that should auto-approve. Then you could end the contract, which would send the remaining 50% of the money back to the client.

If the client sorts out their Upwork issue, they can hire you again to complete the remaining 50%

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths