🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Fixed price proposal to client
Page options
heidi_kiddle
Community Member

Fixed price proposal to client

Hi There,

I am a new freelancer on Upwork and a client is interested in working with me and has asked me to submit a fixed price for the job. Any advice on the way to do this correctly and in what format.

Many Thanks

Heidi

2 REPLIES 2
9b660019
Community Member

Nothing is binding until the client submits an offer and you accept it, so you can simply write out individual milestones (if desired) with the fixed price amount for the client to copy and paste into their offer. Just make sure the offer matches up with what you agreed upon before accepting.

One followup question - did you submit an hourly proposal and the client asked about fixed price in the interview, or was this an unsolicited invitation from a client? There is recent anecdotal evidence suggesting fixed-price contracts are more vulnerable to abuse by unscrupulous clients to scam freelancers out of their payments.

richard_wein
Community Member

Heidi K wrote:

Hi There,

I am a new freelancer on Upwork and a client is interested in working with me and has asked me to submit a fixed price for the job. Any advice on the way to do this correctly and in what format.

Many Thanks

Heidi

Hi Heidi. If the client has already created a fixed price job post,  you should submit a proposal in response to that post.  Otherwise you should discuss the job informally, and then it will be up to the client to make you a formal job offer using the details that the two of you have agreed. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths