🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Fixed priced milestones payment
Page options
blackbrown
Community Member

Fixed priced milestones payment

Hi have a small question, hope someone can help me.

I'm trying to understand if there is any way the client can undo the payment for the fixed priced milestone after the approval. Just to make sure I'm safe and I can continue working with this client without waiting 5 days until the money will be finaly on my accont. 

1) Pre-fund milestone was created by the client.
2) Project is done, milestone have been approved, the status of payment is on the 5 days secure check.

3) The client is fully satisfied trough the Upwork messanger. 

I would like to know for example if the client can cancle this milestone aprovement somehow and left me with no money or I'm 100% safe if the payment have been made (is on 5 days approvement)? 

I would like to know if in case the client will try to cancle  the payment somehow (visible scam) I will be able to request a qualified examination of a dispute by the Upwork (I have a Plus profile if its matter) and get all money if everything I said is true and it will look like a scam attempt.

And separate question: 

Also I've checked few Upwork help articles, where it was said that the payment can go trough even if there is no money on the client's bank account. So in this scinario the payment will have a status "Pending" in my Upwork's Timesheet, right? Is there any other scinario why the payment can have a "Pending" status in the Timesheet? 

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
youssefbahaa
Community Member

Hello Alex, Regarding the Fixed price contracts, Once the client fund the milestone, this means that he had already withdrawn money from his bank account and put it in the milestone. This means that the is no possible scenario of ''Zero money-bank problem'' that may arise once the milestone is successfully funded.

Regarding the possibility that the client may change his mind after approving the milestone. Once the client approves the milestone, then he can't do anything but requesting a refund and then you can either accept it or reject it; file a dispute. So no need to wait for the 5-days period, because the client has 30 days from the release date to dispute.

I hope this answers your questions.

Youssef.

re: "I would like to know if in case the client will try to cancel the payment somehow (visible scam) I will be able to request a qualified examination of a dispute by the Upwork (I have a Plus profile if its matter) and get all money if everything I said is true and it will look like a scam attempt."

I can assure that this is absolutely NOT how it works.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members