🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Fixed rate jobs
Page options
drsarah
Community Member

Fixed rate jobs

I had a fixed rate single job.

The job deadline was 2 days, after starting the contract, the client asked me to deliver it in 1 day, I said ok as the contract already started. I went through hell to finish it by time, then there was no reply from the client. 12 hours later I sent an improved version without him asking or replying to the previous one, he approved the milestone then, but still without a single word, I said thanks and he didn't reply. And the contract is still open.

My question is, that the whole situation is confusing to me, if he approves the milestone, does it mean he accepted the work and it was right? .. or the fact he is not replying to the messages means something is wrong?

And why the contract is still running?

I should note that he is new to upword, as well as I am.

Would appreciate any insights about this.
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

You did the work, you were paid, there is no issue.

In an ideal world the client might have said "Thanks, all great" and closed the contract, but that isn't really required.

The contract is still open because nobody closed it. Either wait for the client to end it or wait a while before ending it yourself.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
petra_r
Community Member

You did the work, you were paid, there is no issue.

In an ideal world the client might have said "Thanks, all great" and closed the contract, but that isn't really required.

The contract is still open because nobody closed it. Either wait for the client to end it or wait a while before ending it yourself.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths