cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fixed-rate scams should make oDesk an automatic moderator

Ace Contributor
Shamontiel V Member Since: Mar 27, 2014
1 of 1
I've only been on this site a couple of weeks, and already I'm appreciating Textbroker more and more. What they'll do for fixed rates is the freelancer does the assignment. Then the client already puts the money in the account. If the client rejects something in the assignment, then the freelancer has the option of fixing it. If the client does finally reject it instead of asking for revisions, then Textbroker has to step in, see the emails, read the directions, see if the freelancer followed all of the rules and then Textbroker decides whether the freelancer gets paid. It's a lose-lose situation for the client and/or the freelancer, but it's at least honest. And I would feel 100% more confident in that than clients being able to create fixed-rate projects and then just not pay while oDesk turns a blind eye to it. I think I'm about to deal with that now. It'll only take me one time before I bail altogether. No way in the world would I keep getting cheated over and over again. Men's Health magazine suggested this site and three others. I thought it seemed like such a great idea, but I'm having major hesitation now. oDesk, I just don't get it. It seems like you'll side with the client, and the client can just keep accepting work, never paying for it and nobody says a word.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS